Forums

Help › Forums

Rsi irons??

Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:36 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 1:12 PM

Who has them and how are they ? I bought mine via iphone, I cant try them myself for 3 days.  In hospital after surgery, I can get my daily xp via the phone, but cant hit anything on this tiny screen. So I will imagine them via your reply's.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 2:20 PM

Look like these are Nike VR's (level 97) minus 1/2 point of precision...or R11 irons with a slower meter and more spin  :)

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 2:20 PM

I have them and think they are fantastic.  Exactly what the doctor ordered (See what I did there?)

I just hit level 90 right before the new month started and was expecting a replacement for the R11's on the first.  When it didn't come I nearly caved in and bought them, but in the end decided to give it 30 more days to see if any update came.

I was using the L85 Nike's before the upgrade.  With a meter speed right in between the Nike's and the R11's (3.0) it has practically no learning curve.  It has the extra distance (225) and full dot extra spin (4.5) of the R11's as well.  I have a limited sample size, about 5 rounds with them but my experience so far is that they hold true to their distance and are MUCH more forgiving than the 85's despite the same rating.  They actually stop the ball on the slippery downhill greens, something my nike's couldnt without FULL backspin, even with the best balls.

I now see no need to ever upgrade to the 97 nikes.  Paying $40 for only +0.5 precision  seems ridiculous.  These are THE clubs to have until the L100's.  A+ in my book

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 2:22 PM

siggipj76:

Who has them and how are they ? I bought mine via iphone, I cant try them myself for 3 days.  In hospital after surgery, I can get my daily xp via the phone, but cant hit anything on this tiny screen. So I will imagine them via your reply's

You will like them Siggi! i didnt think .5 slower meter was that big of a difference, but to me these new RSis are alot  slower, with the added spin i noticed the distances are coming up a little shorter (higher ball flight maybe?) but now i can go back to Nike balls! the Max were great but the Nikes last longer, time to map these irons..            heres to quick healing..    ;-)

• TCarroll1958
    49 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2015 2:42 PM

Very very pleased so far. Have only played a couple of rg's with them thus far but seem to be spot on for me. Glad they finally came out with a r11 replacement.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2015 5:55 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Looking

forward to mapping them this weekend. 

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2015 6:53 PM

I haven't quite gotten the distances nailed down yet. Half-spin shots especially have been coming up short. Full spin is maybe a yard or two different at most, though I don't know if wind affects it more than it did the R11's due to the higher flight.

• hawgy
    79 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2015 9:10 PM

well i guess i'll get them was trying to hold out till lvl100 vaps but that would be like in years for me at the rate it takes to level up took me over a year at level 94 to get to 95 almost there 40k more i've had the 11's forever now and didn't want the 97 nikes so rsi's are gonna be it.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 4:45 AM

Finally got to use the irons after a very long week of rest.

I am getting about 66% more dings. That makes this a huge improvement over the r11's

A little difference in the spin is noticable, my r11  9 iron went 142 with no spin, now it goes 136.

I have seen that the big difference is with the no spin distances, full spin seems pretty close to my old numbers.

I am playing with the 81 ball,and I would say it plays like the r11 does with the 90 ball.

So very big thumbs up from the Sig 

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2015 7:22 AM

@ Siggi

Off the Tee or from the Fairway with your 9i??  I just purchased the RSi's today and use the WGT Tour-s Ball (2 spin, 1 distance) and I get 140 off the Tee and 132 off the fairway (air to green, no-roll, w/ no spin) with my 9i.   At 50% and 100% B/S that same club goes 137 air to green (Tee), with different roll-out depending on green speed and slope direction.

Out of curiousity, lol, do New Clubs happen to have a wear in period?  I've noticed (I think i have!) some slight changes in the irons behavior the more times I use them.

• PAGES
RSS