Help › Forums

Need Help

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 20 2015 10:21 PM (7 replies)
  • 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2015 11:55 PM

Hey peeps,

I've just started a new Tournament and noticed I accidently had WGT starter balls equiped.  I'm on 1st hole tee box and haven't taken a shot.  I saved my game and closed the window.  Now I go to my profile to edit my equipment and I'm unable to. It says I have to forfeit the Tourney??!! (which cost me some credits I don't wanna lose). 

Why would I need to forfeit a tourney in order to change balls when I haven't played a single shot?  Need help on how to change balls, play my tourney, and KEEP MY CREDITS.

Thanks for the help!

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 11:13 AM

You won't be able to change the balls once you've started the game. Even if you save the game and leave you won't be able to equipment.

-WGTyphoon

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, May 18 2015 1:38 PM

I am afraid Typhoon is right for a change, and I too have been caught out by this.

I suppose especially with this "last ball" glitch, it really pays to check your equipment before you play.

All that said, on the proviso the player has not taken one shot, can WGT or someone else tell me at what point does the "one ball rule" come into play. I would have thought it was only AFTER they teed off.

I have played many comps with the "one ball rule" invoked, and never have I shown the match committee before I teed off, only when teeing up I clarify with my playing partners what balls we are using.

If so, nearly as silly as not being allowed to change a ball in a practice round.

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2015 5:26 AM

Thanks for the replies.  Gotta say though, seems pretty nonsensical to me ^_O.  Not like you can abuse changing equipment if you haven't even left the 1st Tee Box yet! 

Had to play my Master May Tier Open (200 credits man!) with starter balls =-/.  Hurt my score very badly too lol.   I never noticed but the starter balls actually have a faster meter than WGT Tour-S ball (my regular ball). 

Ok, rant over.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2015 2:06 PM

11BC2:
    if you haven't even left the 1st Tee Box yet! 

Yes that was my point - and no-one has offered a ruling!

Yes the starters are faster than the Tour SD  and was my choice of ball when I started buying and used them pretty solidly till legend tier.

But a good exercise is to use starters to practice with, then when you change to a decent ball the meter appears a lot slower (I wish I would heed my own advice sometimes lol).

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2015 2:48 PM

alanti:
    All that said, on the proviso the player has not taken one shot, can WGT or someone else tell me at what point does the "one ball rule" come into play. I would have thought it was only AFTER they teed off.

I have played many comps with the "one ball rule" invoked, and never have I shown the match committee before I teed off, only when teeing up I clarify with my playing partners what balls we are using.

IMHO it's all about the program's sequence - the game is started when the "Tee off" button is clicked - but I'll give you an analogy if you insist:

Imagine the situation of a real "Tee off". You stand on the first tee, the Starter indicates "Three minutes left" - would you head to your locker or to your garage to change the balls?

alanti:
    If so, nearly as silly as not being allowed to change a ball in a practice round.

Define "silly".

Would you, as the company's owner, authorize an extra programming effort, costing revenue and complicating everything, only for practice rounds? Wouldn't this be silly expenses?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2015 4:24 PM

alosso:
    would you head to your locker or to your garage to change the balls?

Nope but bear in mind most club golfers will have a variety of balls in their bag, and do not have the "one ball rule" stipulated. I however am a creature of habit and only have the same ball.

So many club golfers choose their ball just prior to teeing off. Yes all pros would have the same type of ball. We are not pros, we are playing a golf simulation, and theoretically have not put a ball into play until you tee off.

The programming change should be minor, as all you are doing is moving the step before you press play now, to when you join the game.

As for extra programming costs for changing code for practice rounds, yes there would be a cost, however as a cost this is offset by happy customers - it is very hard to win back a customer after they receive poor service.

So is it a silly expense or is it part of WGT's normal business costs of running their business?

Everything has a cost associated...even a free lunch.....but sometimes spending a little extra to make the experience a little better is worth it.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2015 10:21 PM

So, on one hand it comes down to compensate poor preparation, and on the other it's a cost-benefit calculation. We know that customer considerations are minor in many cases but perhaps they'd hear those voices at some time, like they heard the whining about the last ball left and now provide belt, suspenders AND mom's admonishment - unbelievable effort to please Mr. and Mrs. Dumb!

RSS