Forums

Help › Forums

New Pin at RSG #4 - Never seen this before

Fri, Jun 5 2015 3:27 PM (25 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 8:56 PM

Now I do not like RSG, never have and when I lived in the UK I had the chance to play the course, but chose not too - on here is no exception.

So I try and avoid the course but I have never seen this pin location on #4 - seems to be cut considerably shorter and close to the dreaded ledge.

Is this a new pin position?

Well I missed the green right, had diabolical pictch views and then the putting view was on a par with KIA - an extra incentive to avoid playing this.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 9:04 PM

could it be an error? Or is WGT FINALLY going to give us a second set of pins at RSG?

Would make the hole better than the 75% birdie it is for the default pin

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 24 2015 9:17 PM

Well 6 putts later it went in, putting though legs with no view at all, #5 is further right and longer I wonder if I have managed to get into some test - but no views at all. If they are new it is a JOKE

#7 was back right...again no views

#9 seemed same pin but again joke views.

I used to think KIA was a joke.....this is 100 times worse. Not sure if it was in test mode but man, WGT, this standard of programming trumps your usual incompetence. 

Sleeve of balls for wasting hits please! lol

#7 - good pin...shocking green read though

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 2:45 AM

9 has a new pin as well Alan, further up and left of the old one.  Total guess on any putt there too.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 3:07 AM

LOL yep thought it was.....but after my 6 putt on four, a 4 putt on five......I was going through the motions. 

Not sure I have had a six putt since day dot!

Most holes the hole was not even visible!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 5:08 AM

How can the hole not be visible, we need pics !

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 9:01 AM

hopefully wgt gives us some info on this, if its true

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 1:51 PM

Similar to the putt on #4 - screenshot in first post. On 18 I has a pitch from short of the green - pin was nowhere near the camera shot. Putts where the hole was off the bottom of the screen and you could only see the top of the pin.

Totally fukked up

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 2:00 PM

alanti:

Similar to the putt on #4 - screenshot in first post. On 18 I has a pitch from short of the green - pin was nowhere near the camera shot. Putts where the hole was off the bottom of the screen and you could only see the top of the pin.

Totally fukked up

how did you get to play the different pins? was it just a ranked round on RSG?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2015 8:59 PM

I set up a 3 round tourney a week ago in my CC, and RSG was the 3rd and last round of it.

Just normal ranked rounds, did nothing different.

RSS