Forums

Help › Forums

Front page is BLANK on left side... how do i play ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 16 2015 7:14 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 3:21 PM

Home page is BLANK on left side, no Play, friends, etc  ??? have rebooted 3x, still nothing ...

• ScottHope
    10,104 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 3:26 PM
    If the 'PLAY NOW' button on the left is not clickable for any reason, then you can open the game window by going to your profile page, clicking on Equipment then click on Edit Equipment and the game will open.

If you play the game with Chrome, you can also open the game client window this way...
    Press the F12 key to open Chrome's developer tools, within the developer tools, click the 'Console' tab, paste the following blue text into the console tab window and hit enter...
    window.open("http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx","","width=1024,height=682,left=200,top=200");
    ...the game client should open in a separate window.
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 3:31 PM

Same here...was thinking it was something on my end, apparently it's a problem on wgt's end, hopefully fixed soon.

edit:  And as soon as I finished posting this, everything showed up, back to normal.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 3:44 PM

edit: duplicate

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 3:46 PM

Scott, this is interesting...as Flash loads on the left side of the page, the following appears just before the Play Now button loads:

"Reading lies, calculating backspin, taking a practice swing, teeing off"

but it only includes "taking a practice swing" occasionally.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 3:49 PM

Same thing was going on here .  And after 100% instead of the Play now / Friends list popping on it kind of fades in .   

OPY

• ScottHope
    10,104 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 3:55 PM
    Getting that too, bizarre!
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 4:29 PM

Another issue, i find it amazing that this site has so many problems on and off (mostly off). I dont play a lot of online games but the ones i do or have, never have so many issues as WGT. If i did not run a club i think i would just uninstall.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 5:07 PM

Lots of people with the same problem.  If the play now button and everything with it on the left side is gone, clear your caches, clear your browser of all history and all cookies.  Then open a new page and type in www.wgt.com.  Do not use auto fill.  I did that and it came back, but with the stuff about lies, etc as it loads.  Just another WGT Gremlin that got loose from the lab and is creating havoc.

Good luck,

Phred952

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 6:19 PM

I posted this under Flash loading.

ZioMio:

Has anyone noticed Flash loading differently on the Forum page.

I snapped a few screen captures and pasted them together.

• PAGES
RSS