Help › Forums

What piece of equipment to buy first.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 5 2010 5:44 PM (21 replies)
  • tnation
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:00 PM

EXTRA NOTE: I am level 26

I have been on WGT for a few weeks now. I would like to improve my scores. I am currently using the original clubs.

If I want to score more which items would be most critical. I only have 1300 credits to play with.

I mean will having a longer driver vs better irons be better or worse?

Should I invest in a hybrid vs wood?

Should I invest in a putter before anything else?

To me on par 5s I need more distance off the tee and to give myself a chance at eagle I need a good quality wood or hybrid.

On par 3s, 4s, and 5s putter would help my score.

Just trying to think of what to buy. I am leaning towards purchasing a Wood, Hybrid, and set of irons.

I appreciate any help.

• henry4434
    51 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:30 PM

Too early to buy anything . Wait until you reach level 39 + , unlock better club to save your credit . gl .

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:54 PM

Yes, wait until you reach pro. You'll have a better idea of what is needed then. 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 1:49 PM

In the mean time, a few things you can do to get a little more distance is equip your bag with Starter clubs instead of Beginner.  You can also squeeze out more yardage by consistently hitting as close as possible to the white line.  Taking a practice swing to gage the meter speed can help with that. 

As to what clubs to buy, there appears to be pretty decent stuff available at the 33+ level.  But you'll need more than 1300 credits to buy a complete set.  The cheapest full set at 33+ is 2412 credits.  My set would cost over 4000 credits (my 64W is not equipped at the moment) and by present standards, a pretty journeyman set up.

If you'll like some suggestions on setting up your bag, post a message to my wall and I'd be glad to help you get started. 

Joey    

PS:  You can earn credits by participating in offers like surveys.

• tnation
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 1:49 PM
    I forgot to mention I am level 26. Not sure if you guys think this is good enough to get clubs yet.
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 3:11 PM

Use extra distance balls.

• tnation
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 3:43 PM

how much more distance can you get with those on drives?

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 4:11 PM

i went w/ starter plus irons and starer plus 3w (a bargain @ 25 credits) pretty much until master, these will be slower meters but not more distance than the starter clubs.  I resisted getting a longer driver for a little too long, i would suggest the pro tour driver next (i think?) which goes about 240.   I stuck with the starter putter until i could afford/unlock the redwood putter, this forced me to learn to really try to be precise; now w/ the redwood anything <30 is a green light for me, no kidding.

It took me a while to realize how quickly I could earn credits through surveys, but once i figured them out, it only took a day or two of ignoring my job to earn a big purchase.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:32 PM

Just by playing once a day, earning the big consecutive day points, you'll be at the Level 30/40 range before you know it.  So if having enough credits is an issue, be patient, or you'll probably want to upgrade again soon.  It takes quite a while to get to the 60/70+ Levels unless you are playing a lot...that's where the really good stuff unlocks, but 30/40/50 level sticks should serve you well until you get there.

Joey

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 5:39 PM

buy a ping driver longer golf balls

james

RSS