Forums

Help › Forums

Ping iWi Anser Putter.....Questions about the Anser

Thu, Dec 2 2010 12:15 PM (3 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 7:19 AM

Hello - my name is Yancy.

This morning I woked up and on first cup of the coffee and whatnots I shot a 1over round and having missed a few putts (as been me problemables) - I went and bought the PING iWi Anser Series putter.

Eager to roll em home - I proceeded to shoot a 43 on the same 9 - and I won 2 frickin' awards - which I still do not get?

Anyone have any tips on using this putter? It is causing me some panic and anxiety attacks ATM.

Sincerely, Yancy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 8:04 AM

Use Nivlac's putting method defined in the Putting Tips. The Anser was the predecessor to the Redwood and is an excellent putter. I used it for a long time but you won't appreciate the difference immediately. Take the time to learn it, it's worth it.

This article has huge info at the end by the Nivster himself. GL

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Wed, Dec 1 2010 8:51 AM

YankeeJim:

Use Nivlac's putting method defined in the Putting Tips. The Anser was the predecessor to the Redwood and is an excellent putter. I used it for a long time but you won't appreciate the difference immediately. Take the time to learn it, it's worth it.

Thank You YankeeJim!

You are the man!

Sincerely, Yancy

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2010 12:15 PM

YankeeJim:

Baaaaaaaam. YankeeJim Sir, you are correct.

Today - I was rolling them in with confidence (mostly) had a 3 under going until the 9th when I tried my own advice and used a flop shot at the wrong time.

I need more practice - but am happy with this putter!

Sincerely, Yancy

RSS