Forums

Help › Forums

Dont Forget The "Tournament Timer" - It Got Mes

Sun, Feb 8 2015 12:24 AM (2 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 10:47 PM

So I was playing one our CC tournaments and while I knows from setting them ups and such that you choose a duration for the tournament. Must be that the minute it starts,so does the ticking clock.

Was up playing on a bender, and I was SERIOUSLY on hole #9 of a CTTH single player game & during my top of swing - the game gets called as expired and I lost all record of the "day played", score, XP, etc.

Now I am not venting here - theres a clock, and it should be checked, that's on the player.
    BUT - how nuts that it runs out on my backswing during last shot of tournament. So I be saying as a tip or whatnot - if your playing an important (for whatever reasons) round in a tournament - might wanna check the start time before teeing it off and such.

Hope this saves someone sometime and such
    Sincerely, I am Yancy
    @TeamYancy

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Feb 4 2015 11:09 PM

(tournament expired)

YancyCan:
    BUT - how nuts that it runs out on my backswing during last shot of tournament.

It may be by the traditional way, when the time check was included in the calculations at the last shot with game results, tournament standings, (average, but not in CTTHs). Did you ever notice that wee delay when the last putt has been released?

Or, you may have missed the time cut only by seconds. From stroke play tournaments I know that now the time check is done on each shot, aborting the game immediately (updated procedure).

Can't tell which variant is valid for CTTHs, but - at least - you keep the XPs for the shots since they are added one by one.

Looking up the tournament in the game screen, you'll see the clock ticking live, the best possible verification, because CC tournaments may start and finish at any daytime (WGT tournaments at 12 am PT).

(small edits)

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2015 12:24 AM

It took me a couple reads - but I get what yer saying and such.
    Lots of variables/possibles

Gonna study this when me plays now.

THX ALOSSO

-- Yancy

RSS