Forums

Help › Forums

Game playing slow

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 25 2009 10:55 AM (3 replies)
  • BOXALL
    140 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 6:36 AM

I have had a problem for some months now with this game. Frankly, I would be quicker playing a real 18 holes of golf. My PC gives me the impression that another programme is running which is slowing the game down but the task manager tells me that there is nothing else running apart from internet explorer. I have done numerous scans for viruses etc and nothing shows up. I have also tried clearing the browser cache but nothing seems to work. It takes about two minutes before I am capable of swinging the club at each hole and then I need to let the green bar go across the screen several times as it tends to stutter as it goes.

I am wondering if anyone else ever had this happen and I would be most grateful for any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 8:57 AM

dont use IE.....google chrome is allegedly the best browser....IE sucks!

you cld also try....mozilla firefox.....opera.....safari(not sure about that one)

block all pop ups...there  are loads of Q&A on this...type it in search!

• BOXALL
    140 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 9:23 AM

I'll give Google Chrome a try. I have tried it on Mozilla Firefox but was no different.

The thing is, I used to have access to another PC, virtually identical to mine, and the game worked brilliantly on it, even on IE. It is just baffling.

• BOXALL
    140 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 10:55 AM

Performance has improved somewhat on GC although I wouldn't call it perfect. Thanks for the tip.

RSS