Forums

Help › Forums

hey fellow wgt players...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 28 2010 5:57 PM (22 replies)
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 5:55 PM

The players in this game determine who wins what not equipment not meters not courses not bugs.... its us.... the players... Yes you may have one meter spike in 9 holes. maybe. that doesn't help but in that same round you could have hit an approach closer... or sunk that flat 10 footer that you pushed... YOU determine the outcome. WGT does not "rig" the match play to the players that buy clubs. I dont care what putter he had if he pushes a putt hes not going to make the putt. THE PLAYER must read the green correctly and hit the putt correctly for it to go in.

In the end of every single match, tourney, ready go, multi-player round, or any game mode. THE PLAYER determines the outcome. not clubs.

Stencil

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 6:02 PM

hawaiicruz:

If you are playing a real game of golf and you misread the line, or hit the ball incorrectly, THE BALL WILL NOT GO IN THE HOLE. I don't care if your putter cost ten dollars or a thousand.

Not exactly so I have misread putts in real life then either pushed or pulled the putt and made it because of the push or pull. Although that doesn't happen very often. But it's the same thing here. You can misread a green then hit  a poor putt and make it by accident. But the better quality putters here have a better chance of staying on the intended line and going in if you read the line correctly. The lesser quality putters will at times stray for the line due to the lack of precision.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 6:17 PM

hawaiicruz:

If you are playing a real game of golf and you misread the line, or hit the ball incorrectly, THE BALL WILL NOT GO IN THE HOLE. I don't care if your putter cost ten dollars or a thousand.

It is exactly the same in WGT

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 8:00 PM

Scotty Camerons have a better chance of hitting the ball on line than a putter from wal-mart. Same in WGT.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:22 AM

well ya of course a more expensive, more technologized putter outperforms a walmart putter.... im not an idiot.  i work in the golfing business myself and have a 2 handicap.. my game has gotten a lot better since i bought my ping putter in real life. 

but what im talking about is not simply a person putting well, im talking about a player with a putter who drianed 5 putts from outside 20 ft.. and the extra hole winner from the fringe from 25 ft.  no to mention a birdie to tie me from 12 ft on the first hole.  5 bidries in 10 holes.  1 approach inside 20 ft.  does this make sence?  can tiger putt this well with the best putter in the world? no...  luck is luck but seeing those putts go in is really tough when u know u have driven, approached, and played a short game better than that player.  i was -4 under myself that round and he was -5 through 10.  avg between 72 and 73.  no comment.

and a putter is a putter.  its a f lat stick... if ur stroke is awful u wont hit it straight.  the line is not the difference its the feel and the connection.  u will be able to get used to the weight and distance a lot faster.  but the direction really doesnt change.  yes the weight in the putter is different to cause a striaghter putting plane, but it doesnt help that much... like be honest.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 4:41 AM

stencil:

The players in this game determine who wins what not equipment not meters not courses not bugs.... its us.... the players... Yes you may have one meter spike in 9 holes. maybe. that doesn't help but in that same round you could have hit an approach closer... or sunk that flat 10 footer that you pushed... YOU determine the outcome. WGT does not "rig" the match play to the players that buy clubs. I dont care what putter he had if he pushes a putt hes not going to make the putt. THE PLAYER must read the green correctly and hit the putt correctly for it to go in.

In the end of every single match, tourney, ready go, multi-player round, or any game mode. THE PLAYER determines the outcome. not clubs.

Stencil

Very well said. Oh better clubs and balls do help. A Ping master wedge will stay on line and stop a lot better than a WGT starter with starter balls but if you mishit is it won't get as close as it should have. But as you said in the end it is the player making the shots that determines the winner. Some of it might come down to reflexes and eyesight but older people like me have learned to compensate for our deficiencies it that area.

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:58 AM

Canada 15, I understand it is not likely to make putts over 20 feet in this game but how do you know for certain that the player you were playing wasn't just simply reading the putt correctly and hitting the putt on the meter correctly. Likely-no possible-yes.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:17 PM

anythings possible... of course he cud have.  but st As greens arent that easy.  my avg was 5 strokes better than his and ive never sunk back to back putts like that.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:52 PM

I have.With my beginners.Quite simply the best putter there is-for me.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 3:52 PM

borntobesting:

Are u for real, try winning with regs, then with upgrades, then tell your story again

WGT advertises their redwood putter at 40% more accuracy

Driver hits 50-60 yds further

ball stops on a dime

irons and 3 wood with more power and accuracy, and you say

clubs do not matter, LOL

RSS