Help › Forums

New to WGT

Tue, Jan 27 2015 5:42 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 2:04 PM

Marco129:
    You will find that each time you advance a tier, your game will "fall apart" because you a playing with a different set of programmed parameters.

In more detail, the greens will become faster at each tier until Tour Pro (more sensible to slopes), and sometimes the tees will change to longer tracks. Keep your attention on these parameters!

And the game will become more difficult, higher winds, less forgiveness...

...more challenge and more fun! Just invest some time and/or money in this leisure.

Have fun!!

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 2:10 PM

MHackett1:
    I went to masters with 67 and within two or three rounds went to 73

The average is reset at each tier. That 67 was your last TP average before the reset.

MHackett1:
    my main bug bear is the balls when you play a round and having great game it takes ball out of play half way through u would think it would take out at end of round

The ball is taken away when it's shot count is down to zero after 90 - 120 shots (aged info), excluding putts from the green. Me thinks that this is their main cash cow, having my full consent. Any change would cost us more.

• eightpar
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jan 26 2015 7:18 PM

Does this place have a driving range? Putting green?

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 10:38 AM

eightpar:

Does this place have a driving range? Putting green?

We do not, but you can play practice rounds and use the mulligan feature to practice.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Merfman
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 1:02 PM

Well I made Pro after 15 days of play. What a difference. First game could not miss, been down hill ever since. Guess I have been reset again. Every game has high winds and fast greens. At least on the downhill puts. Uphill or flat fast greens the ball will not roll as far, have to add a lot of extra distance.

Bought a better putter (Taylor Made Ghost Spider) hoping it would help. Still learning it. This game is great, been fun and challenging to say the least.

Next I need to upgrade my irons. Which to get; PING i25 Iron Set (Graphite) (L36+) or Taylor Made R11 Iron Set (Steel) (L32+)? Need a set that I can use for a long time.

Decisions, decisions.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 4:47 PM

Level 59 Ping Irons and level 48 R1 driver will take you to low legend level  ;-)

• Merfman
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 5:42 PM

Thanks, I'll consider them when I reach that level. I have a long way to go as I'm only at level 38 currently and want to improve my scores without breaking the budget.

• PAGES
RSS