Help › Forums

The June People Vs. The Pros prize inconsistency

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 25 2009 6:33 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:36 PM

In the Tournament Rules, the prizes for 2nd and 3rd place in the Pro and Master division read as follows:

"One (1) Second Prize: Golfsmith Gift Card in the amount of Two Hundred Dollars (US)(one to the second lowest scoring entrant, ARV USD $200 each); and

One (1) Third Prize: Golfsmith Gift Card in the amount of One Hundred Dollars (US) (one to the third lowest scoring entrant, ARV: USD $100 each)."

However, if you click on the Main Tournament Page, the prizes for 2nd and 3rd place in the Pro and Master division are listed as Amazon.com Gift Cards for the corresponding amounts listed above.  ( Every tier has the same discrepancy, just with different dollar figures in the Hack and Amateur divisions)

Which is it?  Golfsmith or Amazon?

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:19 AM

While your talking about rules,I was reading the rules also and this last sentence under I believe eligibility requirements in bold letters Any Canadian potential winner must also correctly answer a mathematical skill-based question administered by the Sponsor in order to claim prize.
    Maybe I havent had enough coffee this morning but what is that rule about?  I'm visualizing a scene out of Monty Pythons Holy Grail and the guy asking Whats your favorite color!......

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:25 AM
    1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:26 AM

The skill testing question question has already been raised here. Check it out!

*edit* Ninja'd by Nivlac... you're getting faster dude!

=)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:38 AM

I've been taking lessons. :D

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:45 AM

I must have missed that post. I was about to offer my mathematical skills to Avatar but I probably would have pulled a ricky barnes and answered 2+2 = 5..

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:50 AM

Too funny Niv!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:42 PM

*bump*  C'mon guys, there's 6 days left in this tournament.  What exactly are we playing for, Amazon or Golfsmith?

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 8:06 PM

I was thinking about getting in on this one until I saw Golfsmith....I would go for it if it was amazon as I shop there way too much.....

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 10:28 PM

They should be Amazon.com gift cards. We have made the correction, thanks.

• PAGES
RSS