Forums

Help › Forums

EUREKA THE DINGED SHOT

Tue, Jan 13 2015 8:35 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fishrdav
    106 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 6:42 AM

think i have stumbled on the formula for more dinged shots. no not cheat software !!!! i was messing with the computer last night adjusting this and adjusting that. i noticed that i have got my CPU at dead flat zero. so went and had a couple rounds last night and holy moly meter was a smooth as silk and it seemed a little slower. any hows with the steady meter now my shots were falling on spot ( my putting was not ). but was catching the ding at least 95 % of the time and if i wasnt it was only by a hair.the only time i had those WGT / WTF SHOTS was when my sausage fingers got in the way. gonna shot some rounds today and hopefully the discovery is still there. all i know it was a real pleasure to play some matches last night. i havent had that feeling in quite some time here on WGT.........fish

• fishrdav
    106 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 7:13 AM

YES IT IS STILL THERE .......GLORY DAYS !!!! AND YES I DO BELIEVE THAT THE METER IS A LITTLE SLOWER ( USEING CALLIS LEVEL 43) I GET THIS PUTTING THING DOWN ...I MIGHT STAND A FIGHTING CHANCE ON HERE ....LOL

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 7:53 AM

OK fish, care to share your findings

• fishrdav
    106 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 7:55 AM

Woodoworkery:

OK fish, care to share your findings

yes i will just wanna get a couple more rounds under my belt to be sure.......

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:01 AM

mr fish ... I too looking forward to what you have to say

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:11 AM

He got his background activity down to nothing. He said the CPU was at "dead flat zero" and that means there was nothing getting in his way. Pretty basic stuff.

• fishrdav
    106 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:35 AM

since yankeejim seems to have enlightened us maybe he is the one you should be asking...as for my own personal settings i already new about the low CPU i just tweaked it a little more , with other minor adjustments ......may not make me an elite player on here but i do know this the meter and i are best friends now.....FISH

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 9:12 AM

fishrdav:
    was catching the ding at least 95 % of the time and if i wasnt it was only by a hair.

Very impressive skill considering you play the fast metered L90 R11s.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 9:17 AM

This is old advice but having a cpu meter running is a great way to keep on top of meter glitches. Hold on at top of backswing until cpu% usage settles, for me anything <15% usually gives a smooth meter. There are loads of them available or use the windows task manager one. 

I like this one -  

It's showing 22% as I had a few things running when I grabbed the screenshot.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 10:35 AM

fishrdav:
    since yankeejim seems to have enlightened us maybe he is the one you should be asking

Heh. Mr. Andyson is the expert there. I can only relate my own experience and the meter has never been an issue for me. FWIW, I never look at the CPU load.  ;-)

• PAGES
RSS