Forums

Help › Forums

Did you guys goof up the Final round at Bethpage?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2009 9:58 PM (4 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 1:46 AM

From WGTalex:

"The championship round is coming up in less than two weeks, and here is a hint: practice in high wind because it will go up a notch."

Yeah, the wind conditions were listed as Heavy, but I actually had lower mph winds in the Final round than in the qualifier rounds, which had wind conditions listed as Moderate.  Hole # 5, for instance, gave me a 10mph tail wind, which in every single qualifying round  gave me a wind of 11mph or greater.  Hole # 3 gave me a 7mph wind, which was the lowest mph wind on that hole in any qualifying round.  Overall wind speed never topped out at more than 12mph (same as in the qualifier) , and on average was the same  as alot of  the qualifying rounds patterns.

Hole #1--7mph

Hole#2--7mph

Hole#3--7mph

Hole#4--9mph

Hole#5--10mph

Hole#6--10mph

Hole#7--9mph

Hole#8--9mph

Hole#10--12mph

Hole#11--10mph

Hole#12--8mph

Hole#13--11mph

Hole#14--8mph

Hole#15--10mph

Hole#16--9mph

Hole#17--10mph

Hole#18--8mph

Doesn't look any different than alot of qualifying rounds to me. 

Anyone care to explain?

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 6:32 AM

I was going to wait until the Final round was over to post but yes I totally agree!!!  What's up guys?!?  The only real difference I saw in the wind was a 9mph head wind on #3 (always tailwind in qualifying) which made it easier to stick the ball, and yes I got the bird on that hole.  But the wind speeds were in the exact same range as the qualifying round.  

Also I would like to add the green speeds... No difference here either as far as I'm concerned, I ended up overplaying a lot of the breaks thinking that fast greens would cause the ball to break more... it didn't.  Maybe it's just my perception of what different greens speeds would do, but I found myself in the same spots on the green that I was usually on in the qualifying rounds and ended up looking like Mike Weir with the flat stick in the final round.  I must have just edged out on 5-6 putts total... all overplayed for the break!!

Lee

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 7:16 AM

I guess it's one of those fake left, go right :(

sucks:(

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 7:12 PM

I was worried about the winds & the greens but surprisingly nothing seemed different to me.   I also cleared out my cookies, cache & had nothing else on but the game...ran real smooth.  So players still coming in at the last hour to post their score good luck!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 9:58 PM

I apologize, there was an internal miscommunication--we wanted to give a heads-up that the winds will change in the championship round, but somehow that was communicated as faster wind.

RSS