Forums

Help › Forums

Meter Speed / Pitching

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:29 AM (7 replies)
  • jelewat
    11 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 8:31 AM
    I am at level 50 and still a Hack because I have not played with any others in games. I am having too many problems to play with others yet. I seem never to be able to pitch or chip out of the rough without having to take two or three whacks at the ball which effects my score. I bought a new set of clubs hoping it would help but it's the same. Now I have another problem meter speed is twice as fast and I don't know where the feature is to reset it to a slower speed. I would appreciate some advice please. I did well with the stock issue clubs was starting to shoot below 40 but cannot do that with this new faster meter speed! It's just no fun playing now! Artie PS: I went back to using the stock putter because new one meter too fast!
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 12:00 PM

Hi

I think if you read this pitching, chipping, flopping guide, it will help your game a lot. Also, when you buy the clubs, the meter speed is shown by a bar. You want the meter speed left of middle, so rapture v2 are the clubs you want.

There are also balls with 'feel' modifier and the more points there are on the ball, the slower the meter is.

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 12:08 PM

Try the G13 balls. They're not cheap but they'll cure the problem. Oh, and play some stroke play.

• stalzer
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 1:01 PM

I just started playing ashort while ago .I`m at level 31 and just got to the amateur level. I haven`t  played a game with or against anyone for the same reasons as you stated. I`m at 80.  p.s. while chipping out of the rough I found if you lower the spot to grass or sand level you can usually make a decent shot. Hope this helps.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 3:12 PM

Never go less than 70-75%..Change clubs. This works for me. I mainly chip and flop.

• jelewat
    11 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 4:46 PM
    Thanks everyone! I read the chipping and pitching artical after I posted this and I also played St. Andrews a few times with the new clubs and score less than 40 2 out of 3 times. I will try the balls but I prefer using the stock balls. There are an unlimited supply and with all the water around I need an unlimited supply of balls! LOL I will check out some of the other balls and try a few. I am still trying to figure out how to play closest to the hole and hit the green all 9 times. The best I did is 6 in a row. I like the new clubs (Ping) because the balls land and stick on the green. I will figure it all out and when I do I'll bear ready for bear folks! LOL Thanks again, Artie
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 13 2010 9:38 PM

Oh, and get a new photo.

• jelewat
    11 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:29 AM
    What's wrong witm my photo? True it's not an avatar of a guy wearing a kilt but it is a picture of a "Brutally Handsome Man" and I use it everywhere on the WWW! I requested joining a club so I can start playing with others and in tournaments so I'll see how that turns out and go with the flow from there! Artie
RSS