Help › Forums

quitting !!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 22 2014 12:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bunkerfull
    15 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 11:14 PM

Hi, would WGT consider penalizing players that quit during a match ?? I'm fed up with players hitting a few bad shots, falling behind then quitting during a match,  Or even quitting if you are beating them !!!  i recently battled from 3 over par, against a guy on evens with 5 to play, to bringing my score to 1 under with 2 to play and he quit !!!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 11:25 AM

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 1:56 PM

TopShelf2010:

This topic has been discussed over and over and there really is no easy solution. The best thing to do is join a Country Club and become friends with there members. Playing random players you just never know what you are up against.

+1

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 2:06 PM

When a Legend tier player in a multi-player game whines about a shot because of 'programming', has it pointed out there were environmental conditions that might have been a contributing factor, then whines that "I can't play this way" because another player took over 40 seconds to hit a tee shot on a 90 second shot clock, then immediately forfeits, leaves little doubt what the problem was.

Unfortunately there are players on WGT that have little or no couth, class, or honor.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 2:43 PM

Best advice is already given, play with players you know , best way is to join a club.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 4:12 AM

+1!

TopShelf2010:
    Playing random players you just never know what you are up against.

Also do you not know how the other sees you.

On the surface he sees an avatar on his computer screen, necessary to play the MP game he chose. Will he be willing to acknowledge that there's another human at the opposite screen and show the couth to respect him? Quitting is not much more than switching off the TV.

Making online friends to play with them is a relationship, a delicate one of course, and becoming co-members provides stronger bonds "behind the common banner". Social conventions come into play, making quitting an unfriendly act to avoid.

• Orchard21
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 7:42 AM

I fully support your request, I do not play tournaments yet, but it happens at least one per day

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 7:54 AM

They don't punish, but they do warn.  I will walk away from a game joined by someone with a poor completion rate (orange check).  Doesn't totally prevent games with quitters, but it damn sure helps.

• SilverKNite
    79 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 11:22 AM

You can add me as a friend and send me an invite for a game - even if i am playing a stroke game by myself i will quit an join an invite to a game - i am not a Great Golfer as you can tell if you like at my lvl and average but i play daily - i only have 8 friends on my list and only one or two send me an invite about once a month and as i say if i am playing a stroke game by myself i will quit an join the invite as i enjoy getting to see someone else play the game even if they are better than me which most are it is still fun to play for me - the part about a Country Club sounds like a good idea - i made one but rarely play in it as i have only one guy who joined and he hasn't logged on the game but once or twice the whole time i have played the game - i should dissolve the CC and join one myself but didn't want to do that without letting the guy who joined my club first but as i say he doesn't log online - a quandry of sorts for me - but yea send me an invite i be happy to play i do on occasion disconnect but i allways try to get back and a few times i even tried starting multi-player games and ran into the same problem you have been having but when a player disconnects i wait and hope they return i don't forfeit game to me that is rude and a cheat imo - well either way Have a Great Day

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 11:44 AM

MichaelStroke:

They don't punish, but they do warn.  I will walk away from a game joined by someone with a poor completion rate (orange check).  Doesn't totally prevent games with quitters, but it damn sure helps.

+1     ....           After a few years on WGT ,it become  easy  to  have  many friends  form a CC  or the community at large .   like my friend  MichaelS      said         orange   is not  to be played with  if  it is  important .

• PAGES
RSS