Forums

Help › Forums

Alternate Shot Challenge

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 19 2014 3:42 PM (20 replies)
  • Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 1:18 AM

Perhaps this has been discussed, but any chance of having Alt Shot Challenge for credits? Games could be organized via pm or Community Tournaments. Who would be interested?

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:08 AM

It's been brought up.  It was an awful idea then.  It's an awful idea now.

There honestly couldn't be an easier way to scam credits off of people.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:18 AM

I would give 40% of games 4 holes before meltdown, 3 weeks before we see the dissolution of several CCs over it and that would be 90% of the good bits.  See the idea, but the practicality of it I think would be dreadful. 

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:50 AM

A/S is a fun Chatty game mainly played amongst Club members it is a great way to meet the members of your club also a great game for a bit of banter and finding out where other members live around the world and what interests they have outside of the game   lets keep it a fun way of meeting people on w.g.t

Roy.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:10 AM
    You'd have gangs of 3 ne'er-do-wells waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting join a gamer.
  • jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:13 AM

I disagree. I think its a good idea and have plenty of Alt shot friends who would play it with me and not get pissed if they lost creds because of my bad shot and vice versa for me.

I know plenty of other people that have friends they would play with and love it.

If you don't wanna get scammed for creds, as you say, then don't play it random or don't play at all.

Can't see how its any different than any other challenge match. If you can't handle losing the credits then don't play. Ive seen plenty of times in these forums where some guy or girl comes in here complaining that they got fleeced in MPC and we basically all tell them to GTFO of here and if they can't take it don't play.

Don't really see why its up to other people to decide what i do with my credits or how i spend/lose them. If you don't think its a good idea then don't participate, but plenty of people have asked about it and I am sure plenty more who don't read forums would like it too.

I don't like clashes. I think they are steaming piles of crap. I just don't play in them, but a lot of other people seem to play in them. Different strokes for different folks

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:24 AM

jsweetcr:

I disagree. I think its a good idea and have plenty of Alt shot friends who would play it with me and not get pissed if they lost creds because of my bad shot and vice versa for me.

I know plenty of other people that have friends they would play with and love it.

If you don't wanna get scammed for creds, as you say, then don't play it random or don't play at all.

Can't see how its any different than any other challenge match. If you can't handle losing the credits then don't play. Ive seen plenty of times in these forums where some guy or girl comes in here complaining that they got fleeced in MPC and we basically all tell them to GTFO of here and if they can't take it don't play.

Don't really see why its up to other people to decide what i do with my credits or how i spend/lose them. If you don't think its a good idea then don't participate, but plenty of people have asked about it and I am sure plenty more who don't read forums would like it too.

I don't like clashes. I think they are steaming piles of crap. I just don't play in them, but a lot of other people seem to play in them. Different strokes for different folks

One problem - in MPC, you are in (practically) complete control over whether you win or lose.  In A/S, you are not.  All you need is a three-man collusion, and you will get swindled - even if you're playing the round of a lifetime.

In MPC, people can sandbag and play coy, but they still have to win the game on their own merits.  Not true for alt shot.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:48 AM

Understood, but this is the problem. People are coddled their entire lives and told by groups of people that they will protect you instead of going out and making mistakes and learning for themselves. Then its that same group of people protecting them who swindles them in the end. So its ok for WGT to use the clashes to rake in thousands of credits from these unsuspecting people, but then WGT gets to protect those same people from these wiley groups of alt shot sharks who run around stealing everyone's credits.

Im sorry if you are dumb enough to join a challenge with 3 people you don't know then you deserve to lose credits. This only makes sense if you have a playing parnter already chosen, one you can trust.

Im fairly good and doubt i would do  random alt shot for creds for the reason you state. Lets say this happens tho. E1 ponies up 100 credits or even 200. So these 3 hustlers fleece thisone dude and all 3 of them get to share in a whopping 100 credits that they took from this one guy. Just doesn't seem worth it. All that for a split in 100 or 200 or 300 credits. They barely make 100 credits each and wouldn't be long until they were found out. Anyone playing for higher stakes should be fairly savvy and be able to look out for themselves

Im sorry the game has credits and it also has the option to play for credits. That being said I think all options of playing for credits should be available. Not up to WGT or anyone else to save people from their idiocy. If they don't lose it in alt shot they will lose it somewhere else and if they don't lose it here at WGT they will find some other place or game to lose it.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:50 AM

My rant over :)

Respect your guys' position, just don't agree and Im all for it!!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:01 AM

Golly, it is a cool idea, but because of the infestation of low life crud....

courteneyfish:
    You'd have gangs of 3 ne'er-do-wells waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting join a gamer.

Can't you just see it --- SlickLennyvirginny & 1-IronSwartz  vs  ScooterScumbag  &  IcabodStupnagel....in a 3 way split   

RSS