Forums

Help › Forums

Closest to the Hole

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:57 PM (2 replies)
  • bballaciman
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:25 AM

WGT, you have a great online game and I hope you keep improving it and adding more full courses.

I really enjoy playing the Closest to the Hole because it goes quick. Here are my suggestions.

1- Show what my best score is on each hole - not just my best potential (aggregate.)  My potential on K Island is 11 and it would be cool if I could look at the scorecard and see my best on each hole. It would be great if you just add a row below the Total row on the scorecard that shows my best score for each hole so that I can see that stat as I'm playing a new round.

2 - Allow players to practice a particular hole and repeatedly hit shots into that hole.

3 - Not necessarily for tournaments, but just for fun, allow a player to play all 18 holes of a course as a CttHole setup. Sometimes, especially when my time is more limited,  I want to enjoy the beauty of a course without always having to play 80 or more shots - just 18 shots.  As someone else mentioned in the Forum, the game allows players to hit the fairway about 90% of the time - so no excitement there. The approach shot is the most fun for me - just to see how close I can get it, try different ideas, etc. Putting doesn't really have those options - you always use the putter.  I mean a practice putting green would be cool too, but I'm really addressing what I think would enhance the CttHole even more.  I'm just an Amateur in standing, so it is still a challenge for me to hit all 9 greens every time.  Having to hit all 18 greens would be even more of a challenge.

4 - Allow a player to save a good scorecard. What I have to do now is use SnagIt to capture an image of the scorecard. It would be great to be able to save it and share it just like I'm able to save and share a good shot.

Anyway, a tip of the cap to you and keep up the good work!

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 3:33 PM

Hi bballaciman, we're glad you are enjoying the game, and thanks for your suggestions.

• eaglesdare
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:57 PM

if I might add one more thought to your suggestions, which I agree with. There ought to be an easier way to quit when your potential score can't advance your ranking or standing in a competition. I found it frustrating when my target score for entry into the US Open at BB was 70 or less and I'm at 70 for 11 holes? What's the sense in continuing?  I also think there should be a few practice holes to warm up on that you ould play over and over. The only practice is on the course and I hate the tought of turning a 3.5 hour round into a 5 hr marathon, especially for the foursomes behind me:)  And finally in regards to saving a shot you've made, it would also be nice if the memory included the club selection, spin if any, wind condition, and shot type. My hats off to WGT also for an exciting challenge and the opportunity to play a course before you actually play a course. I played Bethpage Black in the early eighties many times, but it was a blast to play it again some 30 years later. I don't ever remember it being so difficult just reachig fairways off the tee boxes.  Thanks WGT 

RSS