Forums

Help › Forums

Congratulations to final four qualifiers

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 16 2014 8:37 AM (23 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:28 AM

Congrat's to Fmagnets, WaLkOfLIFe and javiertorg for making the final four and good luck to the two in the playoff(?) or whoever goes through however it is.  Very well played.

I'm also glad to see that at least the tour leader has gone through, I feel sorry for whoever in the top four didn't make it.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:35 AM

DodgyPutter:

Congrat's to Fmagnets, WaLkOfLIFe and javiertorg for making the final four and good luck to the two in the playoff(?) or whoever goes through however it is.  Very well played.

I'm also glad to see that at least the tour leader has gone through, I feel sorry for whoever in the top four didn't make it.

x2 a big congrats to those that make it to the final 4 

• eggiesworld
    296 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:58 AM

To be honest both 4th place should get in that's a boat load of credits to lose in a tiebreaker. Hope wgt does the right thing and includes them both.

Well done top 5.

Jamey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:19 PM

Do like The Voice does-duke it out for the 4th spot. Maybe a televised prelude to the finals. Could also be used to debug the final setup.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:52 PM

YankeeJim:

Could also be used to debug the final setup.

That anyone even thinks to say this is a sad reflection on the quality of WGT's pre-release testing. I just hope nothing that should have come out in testing pops up to affect the outcome of the Virtual Tour Final. (Though far be it from me to question the wisdom of releasing the course 24 hours or so out from the final.)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:54 PM

ThreeSpot:
    That anyone even thinks to say this is a sad reflection on the quality of WGT's pre-release testing

Heh. My biggest fear is that it will make the clash mess look brilliant by comparison.  :-(

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 1:26 PM

Congrats to all the finalists, WELL DONE!  It's all very exciting and I can't wait to watch.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 1:54 PM

If it's the same splitting 4th and 5th as deciding who was 1st and 2nd, then it's the best back 9 of the second round. (I'm not saying it is).

My first thought was to agree with eggiesworld, but would reducing their chances be fair on the top 3.  Maybe a non twitcher in there will save any worry. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 1:56 PM

Looks like bignick got 4th.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, Dec 9 2014 2:02 PM

eggiesworld:

To be honest both 4th place should get in that's a boat load of credits to lose in a tiebreaker. Hope wgt does the right thing and includes them both.

Well done top 5.

Jamey

Yes, I agree, there were 2 tied for 4th place and the tie break was the last 9 holes. In every other competition, including Ready Go's and US Open etc. if there is a tie for 2nd, 4th etc. all ties are rewarded the same prize.

But, this like other forums is falling on deaf ears. Let's face it, we can offer suggestions till the stars fall and there does not seem to be any consideration given. 

Good Luck to 4 finalist ---play hard you'll be on TV. wahoooo

RSS