Forums

Help › Forums

Taylor Made R9 TP 8.5 Driver (better players is it worth it?)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:08 PM (5 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:43 PM

I just unlocked the R9 TP 8.5 Driver and am considering buying it but with it's precision being 1/2 dots less than the old master G10 which i have is it worth it for only 5 yards more? It does have slightly more forgiveness than the G10,but only 1/2 dot more.but is that 1/2 dot enough to compensate for the lack of precision?  Or would I  just be better off working harder at mastering the faster meter of the old Super-Tri that I already  have but don't use much because I just can't seem to come  near enough to dinging the meter like I should? I would like to hear from as many of the players who have it or have had it. I see players like Bollie still using it. 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:48 PM

There are supposed to be new clubs coming out before Christmas. Might be an idea to wait.

• thumbwrench
    40 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:11 PM

I like the R9 driver; bought one during the sale. The meter is fairly quick but not a real problem in my opinion.The extra yardage is a real help and with better balls you can really see a difference. I can't compare it to your Ping driver as I have never played it. Maybe you should rent the R9 and give it a test drive.

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 2:56 AM

is about 10yrds difference on g10 driver give or take even though says 5 the medium prejectory  helps it bounce more is well worth it in my opinion 

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 6:24 PM

.......just unlocked the R9 TP 8.5 Driver and am considering buying it............

Appears you've purchased. Might as well close this thread. Good driving to you.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:08 PM

oneputtdavid:

.......just unlocked the R9 TP 8.5 Driver and am considering buying it............

Appears you've purchased. Might as well close this thread. Good driving to you.

So far not good driving, great driving!

RSS