Help › Forums

Quit instead of forfeit.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 18 2010 8:53 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • grinderslev
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:52 AM

I hate it when people quit and force you to wait 5 minutes. I can wait, but its just so lame.

I just wanted to ***, dont think anything could be done, since the 5 minutes are there to give players a chance to reconnect after server or connection error..

But ugh! Just forfeit if you know youve lost! 

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:28 PM

I hear ya.... you are right.. nothing can be done. The kind of people that have enough class to forfeit, already do. The kind of people that don't understand that, most probably never will.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 1:54 PM

and do not care!

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:10 PM

lol.... see what I mean?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:48 PM

maybe in real life the quitters don't have such a good game...and are quitters in that too lol.

each to their own.

tbe

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 4:03 PM

The point is that when you are playing for credits, if you quit, the other person has to wait for 5 minutes in order to claim their winnings. If you click on "forfeit game", it does not hinder the opposing player. Like the OP hinted at, it is not a huge offence,  but for someone to say that they don't care about this.... IMO.... either misunderstood the post or is lacking in the class dept. (I wonder why there is a red squiggly line under offence??)

• rusHmatic
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 1:02 PM

It's offense.  :)  But no worries, your point is taken.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:00 PM

speedyschic:

The point is that when you are playing for credits, if you quit, the other person has to wait for 5 minutes in order to claim their winnings. If you click on "forfeit game", it does not hinder the opposing player. Like the OP hinted at, it is not a huge offence,  but for someone to say that they don't care about this.... IMO.... either misunderstood the post or is lacking in the class dept. (I wonder why there is a red squiggly line under offence??)

People make you wait  5 mins on mpc? - ive never come across that. Only reason why I play mpc is that people return even when 4 down. And I can confirm that the 5 mins thing has made saved me a lot of credits. Just earlier today I got a freeze halfway through a game and managed to reconnect in the 5 minute window. Although I lost the match - I feel good because I got a fair shot but having to forfeit while only 1 down after three holes would be horrible.

But I think there should be a penalty for those who do not return. Or this whole issue could be solved with good old 'reputation tracking'

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:44 PM

I was using "offence" as a legal term. It should be spelled with a C. When I say, "The patriots have no offense", it should be spelled with an S.           Right?

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 8:14 PM
    ya it is really unfair. i was 3 up after 3 holes against a guy and he somehow quit the game and i wasnt able to quit or go to the loading screen. i end up losing 400 credits. and its espeacially unfair bc wgt wud never credit you back. im sick of playing mc challenge bc of all of the sand baggers and quitters. such a waist of money and time.
  • PAGES
RSS