Help › Forums

"Putter"/not putting (Conspiracy)?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 4 2010 10:33 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 10:34 PM

Ok here we go. Been playing this game for 8 months, full time, 800+ ranked rounds, thousands of putts w/Daytona Rosa putter, w/all the green speeds. (Spyder putter, junk, bought and sold it months ago) IMO, In a nut shell I would like to think that I'm an average to above average putter.

Heres the situation, every since the intro of the new "Ghost" putter. My putting putter has been so inconsistent w/7-5 ft putts. Its driving me up the perverbial wall. example; in 3 resent RG'S; 10/TEN, consecutive 5ft putts weren't even close. I'm not talking about lip-outs, misses cup by 4-10 inches! Using same power as hundreds of times before. Use both methods of putting; aim and ding to take the break out or left/right of ding to softly roll ball to cup. I make those 5ft putts 8 out of ten times. Or should I say "use to".

"Could" it be with the intro of the new putter and its "advertised" superior pression characteristics has the specs for the "other" putters decreased? 

I'm not trying to start a conspiracy, but just wanted to share a rather odd? "situation".

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 1:35 AM

Funny you should bring this up I thought it was me but I have been having the same problem with the same putter, also I have noticed that my distances have changed, before on v.fast greens I would normally allow 1ft for every 10 to putt, ie 1 to 10ft minus 1ft of power, fast greens I could hit the distance of the putt and be within a couple of inches now fast green putts come up short by at least a ft and on v.fast greens some come up short and mostly go by the hole.

WGT  what have you  done cos this never happened before and I have had the Daytona putter for months so I know it ain't me!!!! 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 5:56 AM

My Daytona seems as good as ever. No difference noticed at all.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 7:55 AM

My Putter aint the Problem its Me, its always me and it will always be me. lmao

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 8:12 AM

Been here two years, never changed my faithful starter putter, go back to that one! :)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:36 AM

[quote="seveking"]...Been here two years, never changed my faithful starter putter, go back to that one! :)

Thanx for your comment seveking. But my competitive nature (ego lol) prohibits that suggestion. IRL golf I own several putters; blades, mallots, etc including 3 Pings, 2 Odysseus. Point being if your not confident with the putter your not going to putt very well.
    Like I was stating in thread it was "really" odd that I missed 10, consecutive 5ft putts, horribly. If its my putting ability; miss reads, green speeds, slopes, etc thats the problem, I can work on that. If its the putter's specs/character that have been "tweaked" from original, thats another story.
    Oh wait, I just figued it out. (In WGT's continuing goal for realizm?) My putter's face has a noticible "ding" on it. Thats what I get for losing the putter "head cover" and slamming it down my bag from frustration. LOL

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 10:34 AM

I've had more deviations with it since the last update. So yes I agree. Think they changed the balance on it. Sure they would tell ya they didn't change anything if asked. Seems like it wouldn't be too much to ask for to keep the euipment operating the same as the day you bought it. I'm frustrated with ya Dave.

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 11:02 AM

agree 100% since last update putter is acting weird mines the meter jumping every putt but no more than usual on other shots

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 7:07 PM

Yea something changed in the last few days.....putting is not consistent lately.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2010 9:33 PM

My putting has been great the past week, with the exception of one putt today that I hit on the 15 ft meter instead of the 30 ft meter, coming up 17 ft short, but that's obviously no fault of WGT's.

• PAGES
RSS