Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Stats and Putting

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 3 2010 10:06 AM (2 replies)
  • BriRock
    148 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:30 AM

Just occured to me that i do not know the answer to this...do ball stats affect putting?  I'm recently trying out different balls becuase my meter seems to be more of a crapshoot each day so slowing it down a bit helps me...but i was curious as to whether or not the distance stats for different balls affects putting and how far (or short) a ball will roll on the greens...anyone? anyone?

Also...has anyone figured out if putting puts wear and tear on balls or not???

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 8:43 AM

I believe I've read that all balls react the same when putting, could be wrong though. But during the Hooter Tour we had different setups, and one was playing with starter balls, I didn't notice any difference when putting. Putting does not count toward your ball durability.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2010 10:06 AM

BriRock:

Just occured to me that i do not know the answer to this...do ball stats affect putting?  I'm recently trying out different balls becuase my meter seems to be more of a crapshoot each day so slowing it down a bit helps me...but i was curious as to whether or not the distance stats for different balls affects putting and how far (or short) a ball will roll on the greens...anyone? anyone?

Also...has anyone figured out if putting puts wear and tear on balls or not???

The only ball stat that has ant effect on your putting as it were is the feel stat. It slows down the swing meter making it easier to ding the putt. Just like they do on all your other clubs.

RSS