Forums

Help › Forums

seriously price increase in balls?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:12 PM (55 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:08 PM

Well that sux.  But hey, I can only look at it this way, I got two sleeves for 50 cr's less x2.  

• Ravpil
    14 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:16 PM

You are the lucky one hpurey.......lol  This is a tradegy on WGT's behalf, i think they would have sold a lot of these balls at 350cr, not so much at 400cr, why would anyone pay 400cr when you can buy Nikes for 450cr. Personally i play cally L33's and would have loved to play these new balls for an extra 75cr, but not anymore. Too bad for all of us i guess......the rich(WGT) get richer.........peace

RP

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:25 PM

bluzgolf:

Yep, I bought a sleeve at 350 too.  I was thinking about switching to them.  Doubt I'll be buying more at 400.

Did the same, feel the same.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:34 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

The price was always supposed to be 400 credits.  For some reason when the ball was released last night, it was at 350.

For some reason it was wrong. That reason being LACK OF PRE-RELEASE TESTING.

Again. And again and again and again and again.

You'd think after the clash fiasco perhaps an actual QA process might have been implemented.

I don't fault WGT mods for their handling of the situation. Clearly TPTB are aware of the situation and making a conscious decision to do nothing.

So be it.

I'll use up my ball inventory and the credits I have, but I will not spend another cent on this game until someone from WGT posts a commitment to making bug-free releases a priority.

That's one man's stand. (And I hope he likes starter balls.)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 5:39 PM

hmmm...It is nice that the early shoppers aren't being "Dunned" for the $.50. The new Volvic's, when compared to Max or Nike, seem fairly priced, and there is no extra charge for color preference -- but a color vapor trail should have been included in fact. But, for the "bargain hunter", Callaway remains "Queen".

It is interesting that you never hear anybody complain that the Callaway prices are too low...which, when compared to the other ball options, are. 

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:19 PM

thunder6255:

Sure did not take long to fix this mistake.

lol

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 7:25 PM

SweetiePie:
    It is interesting that you never hear anybody complain that the Callaway prices are too low...which, when compared to the other ball options, are. 

But if you look back far enough in the forums, you'll find the normal complaints that the Callaways were way too expensive.  When they first came out, but now people pay the price for the Nikes like it's nothing.  ;-)

To each their own, prices high or low, we all have plenty of affordable choices and I really believe that anyone can learn to play well enough with any of the balls offered.  Now, when I say "well enough" I'm not talking about going out and winning Ready-goes.  But in the sport of golf, anyone can go out and play the game for what it is for no out of pocket cost period, and that includes having upgraded equipment.  

In the past month, I've bought the L96 Bertha driver, L22 odyssey putter, the L66 ghost putter, a sleeve of Nike balls, two sleeves of the Yellowvicks, and gifted a few sleeves of the Yelloways.  All without spending a single cent from my real life money.  

Oh yea, and I've donated some credits by losing a skins challenge, and a couple of low credit CC tourneys.  Haven't bought credits via credit card/subway gift card since Jully this year.  

Am I a bit upset that the new Volviks cost increased, yes, but I just keep telling myself to be thankful that the two sleeves I did buy where at a discount.  They actually play nicely for my game,  I'll just feel funny if I switch to them permanently with all of the effort I put into getting the yellow Callaways added to the game. :)

*edit

Didn't realize how much I had typed, sorry, had a whiskey and Wgt for dinner night.  :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:13 PM

hpurey:
    To each their own, prices high or low, we all have plenty of affordable choices and I really believe that anyone can learn to play well enough with any of the balls offered.

I truly believe this. It is kinda funny, but because the few years old CTTH notes I have, when I play I use the WGT ball that has no spin, no distance but a few meter dots...they work very well.....0h, a little whisky actually makes typing interesting  ;-}

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:21 PM

ThreeSpot:

For some reason it was wrong. That reason being LACK OF PRE-RELEASE TESTING.

Again. And again and again and again and again.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Pure incompetence on behalf of WGT.

And then they have the audacity to increase the price - well I should say "correct the price".

Well what about "correcting all the bugs that you create - they were not intended but you do not "correct" these within hours - they simply get ignored.

I was tempted to try these ball, that requires mapping etc - well as I play less and less, I will not be bothered.

And after the CC Cash ripoff, you do not have the sense to let this pricing ride - god help WGT when viable competition arrives.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:40 PM

Unreal.. well not really.

WGT has finally surpassed CodeMaster for the absolute sheer ignorance it treats its paying customer base with.

Of course they pushed that limit by stealing and allowing cheaters to rob real world money from players who thought the clash was a level and fair tourney, and what happened? Nothing, exactly what WGT knew would happen, because they know they can throw anything no matter how repulsive, ignorant and crass at it's customers and they'll just suck it up and take the abuse and shell out even more money as they bring out more useless sh*t. 

Last dime I've ever spent here, I need a driver, *** it... not putting anything else into this place.  

RSS