Help › Forums

TM R9 irons lvl 53+

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:23 AM (8 replies)
  • KingSallow
    38 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 2:39 AM

Hi there,

i equipped my bag with the 53+ R9 irons, and hoped to increase the precition and spin for my longer approach shots to the green. i did rather well with the long used rapture v2, but the low precition (sweepspot shots sometimes flew not how they should) took me to decide to buy a set with more precition and more spin to reach lower scores.

But the 53+ r9 seems to me gives me not more feelable precition (also sweepspot shots out of direction and i have not recogniced 31/2 spots spin rate how they are described).

i now think about the tour preferred r9 lvl 63+, but if the performance is the same i would not buy this set.

What do you think about it, did someone experienced the same?

sorry for bad english and thanks for your answers

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:52 AM

Hi,
    Each club set has it's pro and con's. Each club set requires a bit of time to learn its distances and how to best utilize them.

Going back to your raptures. On some holes, I prefer to punch and let it run to the hole instead of carrying. That sometimes eliminates the hooks.

Your new clubs are ;pretty good, so give them some time, learn its strengths and weaknesses, and adjust your game to accommodate it

-icon

• KingSallow
    38 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 9:06 AM

Thank you for your answer and i made a mistake, the r9 53+ set has not more precition

But the spin increase doenst affect.

So my question is more wheater there are more players with the same experience in that case.

the 63+ r9 set has more registerable spin?

Thank you for your answers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:21 AM

WGTicon:
    it's

What is this? Not being funny, it just appears twice in your post.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:30 AM

That's where the meaning of life is hidden.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 10:49 AM

KingSallow:

Thank you for your answer and i made a mistake, the r9 53+ set has not more precition

But the spin increase doenst affect.

So my question is more wheater there are more players with the same experience in that case.

the 63+ r9 set has more registerable spin?

Thank you for your answers

hi

generally, it's very hard to see spin on irons. they will not actually back spin, but if you compare them to other irons with less backspin, if you hit same shot, the irons with more spin will stop much harder

YankeeJim:

WGTicon:
    it's

What is this? Not being funny, it just appears twice in your post.

it puzzled me too, I thought on my first edit they were gone. it's some issue when I type "its" it adds those random characters...

• KingSallow
    38 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 2:12 PM

Hey i aom tour master tier and avg score round 63,5, so i KNOW there will be no backspin on irons, but i compare them with the v2 rapture and for me its no difference of spin.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 9:18 AM

I play with raptures exclusively. I see huge difference on many irons, especially on downwind shots. Often my iron will cut 20ft while i15 iron will just go 4-5 ft.

-icon

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Nov 1 2010 3:23 AM

WGTicon:
    it puzzled me too, I thought on my first edit they were gone. it's some issue when I type "its" it adds those random characters...

I would check for malware to be on the safe side.

RSS