Help › Forums

Post-Update Clubs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 28 2010 12:19 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cyl6
    347 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:30 AM

Okay, this is a stupid question, but in past forum posts there was some indication that there may be some difference between identical clubs purchased before the "leveling" update and those purchased afterwards (and subsequently unlocked).  Someone from WGT made some post that indicated some difference in performance.

Now, that seems silly, because by all appearances, the same equipment has the same characteristics pre- and post-update (i.e. the Super-Tri driver is the same whether you bought it before the update or aftewards). 

So here's the question - has anyone actually gone out and "re-purchased" the same clubs? Does it make any difference? I'm guessing the answer is no difference, but I remember that past post (but can't find it). Much thanks,

C

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:17 AM

I read the same post from WGT and have been wondering also what exactly the differences might be. It seems kind of stupid to buy a club that on the surface has the exact characteristics of one that I already own. I would appreciate some elaboration from WGT on this matter.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 3:00 PM

I think WGT did say that, but I don't remember where... most likely the thread introducing the level system.

In my opinion, yes, there are invisible stats.  It's been proven that the pro shop / equipment window display does not necessarily reflect the in-game characteristics of the clubs.  For example, the Spider and starter putters allegedly have a 0.5 speed meter, according to the equipment window display, but they actually have a 1.0 speed meter.   I also believe that the old master-level wedges (the Pings and the dark Z Satins), even though they have the same or even .5 less spin rating, actually have more spin than the old pro-level wedges (the light gray Z Satins.)

Whether or not the level-based clubs have stats that are different than their display, I have no idea.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:20 AM

Golfspieler:
    I read the same post from WGT and have been wondering also what exactly the differences might be. It seems kind of stupid to buy a club that on the surface has the exact characteristics of one that I already own. I would appreciate some elaboration from WGT on this matter.

I heard that they are making a putter with the accuracy of the new putter offered, but can be used to drive up to 500 yds. This club will make it possible to get hole in ones on any hole, and give us the possibility of a score of 18 for 18 holes. This club is only offered to those who swear their egos are bigger than the new citi center in las vegas

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:33 AM

I believe the ghost is meant to replace the daytona for those who liked the daytona and didn't switch to the redwood.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:38 AM

How can it replace it when it has a faster meter? I reverted from Ping Master Putter to Daytona because I couldn't handle the faster shot meter.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:59 AM

Faterson:
    How can it replace it when it has a faster meter?

It has more accuracy. The Daytona is a meter putter with less accuracy than the Redwood Master. The Ghost makes the Daytona a Redwood Master.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 7:45 AM

Erm, what do you mean, Jim? Doesn't the Ghost have a faster meter than Daytona? If yes, then it cannot replace it, because I can't handle the faster putter speed. Theoretical precision is of no good for me if I can't hit the dings.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:23 AM

Faterson:
    then it cannot replace it, because I can't handle the faster putter speed

LOL-Not laughing at you, F, this just came across funny. Take the meter out of the equation and the putter is better simply for the accuracy.  Slowing down a meter doesn't make the club better because all you get is that-a slower meter but at the cost of accuracy. That sounds more like a compromise than an upgrade, to me.

You see the same difference moving from the first Redwood to the second. The 1/2 dot increase in accuracy takes a while to appreciate but it is definitely there. I could see your point if the meter speed was the determining factor but it isn't. The accuracy is. JMO

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 8:49 AM

[quote="x1524807"]...I heard that they are making a putter with the accuracy of the new putter offered, but can be used to drive up to 500 yds. This club will make it possible to get hole in ones on any hole, and give us the possibility of a score of 18 for 18 holes....

So much for "Golf is a game to be played not won".....Appears WGT's "engineer's" are transforming into Virtual's. 

• PAGES
RSS