Forums

Help › Forums

Benefit balls such as ALS or UNICEF

Fri, Oct 3 2014 8:15 PM (3 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 11:51 AM

A thought ran through my mind concerning balls that promote things like ALS awareness. Does WGT donate a portion of the income from the sale of these balls to the organization being promoted. If they don't,  they should and as players here we should be told this when we purchase. Think of the good will that could be generated! Come on WGT marketing department, get with it.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 1:56 PM

HackWilson1930:

A thought ran through my mind concerning balls that promote things like ALS awareness. Does WGT donate a portion of the income from the sale of these balls to the organization being promoted. If they don't,  they should and as players here we should be told this when we purchase. Think of the good will that could be generated! Come on WGT marketing department, get with it.

had similar thinking a while back - but you cornered it better than I - 

now, consider being able to select that logo as an option on any ball - much like color choices - be cool to toss in xtra 50creds for a logo on a black max or something :)

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 2:40 PM

HackWilson1930:

My guess is they don't.

Here's what I think. For regular sponsors, they pay certain fee to wgt to sponsor an event. But for a non-profit like UNICEF or ALS, wgt receive no payment, but instead they write the sponsor fee off as donation to get some tax benefit.

A couple random thoughts:

Two non-profits in a row. Wgt might have trouble finding paid sponsors. In addition, they cancelled the live event due to lack of participation. My take is they planned to use (overpriced) registration fee to cover the cost of the event, but it didn't pan out. I sense the virtual tour is in trouble.

Now with all these sponsor balls, wgt needs to allow players to group all balls with identical performance together, so when one runs out it can be replaced by another. But of course this will be at the bottom of their to-do list if it's on the list at all.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 8:15 PM

duffer19:
    now, consider being able to select that logo as an option on any ball - much like color choices - be cool to toss in xtra 50creds for a logo on a black max or something :)

or

WGT aligns themselves with a bunch of non-profits, they post a list of them in the pro shop, you buy a ball for a specific charity you want to support and you get a ball with that charities logo on it. Part of the proceeds go to WGT and the other half go to the charity.

WGT could partner with anything from "Breast Cancer Awareness Month", "Autism Speaks" or "ALS"....it's limitless.

I concur with Racoondad, all of the balls should have the same specs for all the charities (and good specs at that). If we're going to be donating to charity lets make the balls something we will actually use.

MC

RSS