Forums

Help › Forums

Starter balls.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 24 2010 3:59 PM (8 replies)
  • Hellzpsyco
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 1:49 PM

I like the idea of a starter and beginners set of clubs, gives options for a newbie like me. Sure then there should also be two types of ball or am i missing something? I know they are available from the pro shop, which is fine for those who seriously play the game. Me, i dip in once in a while so will never get that good,having alternative balls or perhaps the ability to alternate colour may just make the game a little more playable for occasional players like me and may get us to play more often, who knows? So "New balls please"

H

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 10:45 AM

you would really play more if WGT offered you different colored balls?

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 11:12 AM

Even when u  buy a colour ball they  take it off u  next day  .dont know why this happens  probably a Con  too  make  you  buy  more. Thats there idea  of this game  isnt it too  Make  money. ?  try emailing them  lo.please let me know if u  get a response.l

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 12:03 PM

BustaSpliff:

Even when u  buy a colour ball they  take it off u  next day  .dont know why this happens  probably a Con  too  make  you  buy  more. Thats there idea  of this game  isnt it too  Make  money. ?  try emailing them  lo.please let me know if u  get a response.l

What are you talking about "Take it off u next day"? I have balls I bought a month ago that I have not used yet.......

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 12:16 PM

white balls are the price you see....add colour and it costs you more....except for the light blue gi-sd balls.......ahem!! 

now where did that go.....oh yeah....in the water!

• rickyfisher
    3 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 2:52 PM

I bought orange balls, i watched them after every game, and i had one that came up missing, you have to watch these guys they take stuff from you all the time

• Hellzpsyco
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 3:59 PM

Would I play more if we got one extra set of balls that offered an option.? Yes I probrably would. Lets look at balls, I am sure I read once that different balls behave differently when struck, also the way they are dimpled has an effect on the way they fly, So, take this analogy further, a beginner that has access to either another set of free balls with a colour option may either enjoy an improvement in performance or find it detremental to his or her game. two sets of very different balls would allow experimenting between both sets of starter clubs and balls. Could colour cause differences in the flight of the ball? Would the way the colour is applied and the dimples on the ball affect game play? It ouwl just add an extra freisant to the game and would inevitably give greater satisfaction to discover the right combination of club and ball. Perhaps there should be an open driving range for players to test club/ball combinations before purchase? There are options, no one wants to pay money to play an online game unless there is a way of testing a potential purchase. Would you buy a car without first test driving it? NO, therefore one should be able to test drive combinations of club and ball before purchase. Add a second set of beginners balls and a driving range/testing senario and players can purchase and play with confidence.

Oh the lost ball went in the water off the fifth after hitting the tree stump left behind after it blew down in a storm last winter.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 4:08 PM

nickuk:

white balls are the price you see....add colour and it costs you more....except for the light blue gi-sd balls.......ahem!! 

now where did that go.....oh yeah....in the water!

And both the light blue and pink tour gi-s balls are less expensive than the white.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Oct 24 2010 4:18 PM

SGTBilko:

BustaSpliff:

What are you talking about "Take it off u next day"? I have balls I bought a month ago that I have not used yet.......

I think he doesn't understand that the purchased balls wear out. 2 rounds is about all you can get out of some of the balls. So they wear out the next day. And it says the ball has been removed from play. Maybe it should say the ball has worn out and has been removed from play. If someone doesn't understand that the balls wear out they might think "they take it off u  next day."

And I also have balls that I bought  close to 6 months ago. I don't use the bx-d balls much.

RSS