that isn't how dominate works. 

edit; BELOW

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 11:44 AM

YankeeJim:

Hey yankme. Dont be so tight ass.

I could give a rats ass about the stats. Im just getting a rise raising a little hell and having a little comp fun but I surly didnt think it would be a (so called) American responding with stats I already know. WTF,,,too funny. Never fails with you,,,lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 12:20 PM

overtheedge:

YankeeJim:

I could give a rats ass about the stats. Im just getting a rise raising a little hell and having a little comp fun but I surly didnt think it would be a (so called) American responding with stats I already know. WTF,,,too funny. Never fails with you,,,lol.

^^^The consummate definition of a troll.

I apologize to the fine Europeans in this thread for the boorish nature of this imbecile trying to derail it. He's not over the edge, he flippin fell off and wanders aimlessly in that dark hole of a mind where courtesy, cogent thoughts and real facts disappear.

Pity him while you laugh at the classless,  ugly American. 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 1:11 PM

YankeeJim:

overtheedge:

YankeeJim:

^^^The consummate definition of a troll.

I apologize to the fine Europeans in this thread for the boorish nature of this imbecile trying to derail it. He's not over the edge, he flippin fell off and wanders aimlessly in that dark hole of a mind where courtesy, cogent thoughts and real facts disappear.

Pity him while you laugh at the classless,  ugly American. 

USA,,USA,,,USA,,,, Hang tough Team. STILL time to DOM-I-NATE!

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 1:25 PM

ok...everyone has two cents...here's mine. I think the success of the European team, and failure of the American team in the Alternate Shot format is related to the way the PGA tour sets up courses, and the mentality of the PGA players because of it. Most PGA courses allow long hitters to just blast away and then hit 9 irons out of the rough with spin....take your birdie and move on. I realize Furyk and a couple of others are not long hitters, but, I think that is the common philosophy with the exception of a few American courses and the US Open. I think there is a greater premium on accuracy on the European courses and that leads to a different strategy/skillset that favours the European team. Clearly, the fourball was the US team's arena this year, but, when it came time to have to keep the ball in play, hit good approaches and make putts, the European team excelled. While the Gleneagles course is a US layout style course....it is not set up like the average PGA course.

I was at Medinah 2 years ago and saw the comeback of the European team, and I think the US team has the ability to mount a similar comeback, but, I think it will be a little too tall of an order to see it happen.

Regardless, the Ryder Cup is by far my favourite golf event as the passion and the fans and the team interactions are great to watch. Gone are the days where the USA teams supposedly didn't care....and also gone are the days where it was a foregone conclusion that the trophy would reside on the western side of the pond. It's a damn fine event and I thoroughly enjoy watching.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 2:15 PM

lindseyak:

LOL...i think you have had either too much sun or alcohol today....!!!...

Not just today, I think his ship sailed a long time ago!

As for the result, still the singles left and as Ducati said, still a lot of golf to be played and is not impossible for the US to win.

Lets hope that whoever wins it is done with decorum, from the players and fans

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 3:36 PM

Still lots of golf to go. Single should be a great battle.

Apart from the Majors, the Americans don't do too much travelling and they seem to lose themselves when they do. Most of the time they stick to home.

Whilst on the other hand the Europeans travel all over the place on very different courses and conditions

-Roger

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 4:57 PM

alanti:

lindseyak:

LOL...i think you have had either too much sun or alcohol today....!!!...

Not just today, I think his ship sailed a long time ago!

A trader and a LOSER in the same thread,,,,Man! Doesn't get any better,,,LOL. All in fun right,,,lol.

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sat, Sep 27 2014 5:00 PM

11:36: Graeme McDowell v Jordan Spieth

11:48: Henrik Stenson v Patrick Reed

12:00: Rory McIlroy v Rickie Fowler

12:12: Justin Rose v Hunter Mahan

12:24: Stephen Gallacher v Phil Mickelson

12:36: Martin Kaymer v Bubba Watson

12:48: Thomas Bjorn v Matt Kuchar

13:00: Sergio Garcia v Jim Furyk

13:12: Ian Poulter v Webb Simpson