Forums

Help › Forums

Level 59 G-25

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 11 2014 11:37 PM (8 replies)
  • 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 9:03 PM

Are the Level 59 G-25s a good upgrade or should I look at other clubs at nearby levels?  My current set is level 10 Rocketball.

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 2:02 AM

yes they are good,  the high loft will help your approach shots if you pair them with a decent ball.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 2:02 AM

First high trajectory be the G 25s.  Will take you all the way to Legend, and let you settle in there.  Cream of the crop at even TM level, and a very solid upgrade for you now.

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 2:04 AM

yes  meat to say high trajectory not loft.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 2:19 AM

Jimbog1964:

First high trajectory be the G 25s.  Will take you all the way to Legend, and let you settle in there.  Cream of the crop at even TM level, and a very solid upgrade for you now.

+1 - I used the G20s (effectively same clubs) and were terrific sticks - highly recommend!

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 2:50 PM

I was waiting to get to L59 to get these, and they are worth the wait. That coincided with me going back tees, and its a pleasure to play with them. The meter is a bit quicker than my previous irons (L47 something MAX) and I used a good spin ball to take advantage of the spin, which was again a bit quicker than my old ball, so was a bit concerned about the overall quicker meter, but you soon get used to it. They are not quite as forgiving as the MAX irons I had, but in my view that is more than made up by their precision, access to spin, and their high trajectory, 

I am hoping the G25's to take me through masters and at least TM as well, if I get there. 

In short, get them!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 3:02 PM

Safdar1:

I was waiting to get to L59 to get these, and they are worth the wait. That coincided with me going back tees, and its a pleasure to play with them. The meter is a bit quicker than my previous irons (L47 something MAX) and I used a good spin ball to take advantage of the spin, which was again a bit quicker than my old ball, so was a bit concerned about the overall quicker meter, but you soon get used to it. They are not quite as forgiving as the MAX irons I had, but in my view that is more than made up by their precision, access to spin, and their high trajectory, 

I am hoping the G25's to take me through masters and at least TM as well, if I get there. 

In short, get them!

they will take you all the way to legend , they did for me !

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 5:45 PM

I like them. I switch off to them sometimes from the hi level Nike's. I like the G25's meter of 4 and I have had luck using the Nike 61 & maybe the 42 red.

I'll test them w/ the Call 37 yellow.    (I did not like the results w/ the Cally 37)

..and the 33 would be great.

I would use these during a blitz when I'm streaming because of the slower meter.

I avoid real slow meter balls w/ the G25s because they are already 4 meter. Too slow of a ball throws me off.

Here are some of the courses I have had good scores using the Pings.:

Congressional F9, Kia B9,

moderate 1under/par on :OAK B9, RSG B9, RSG F9, Congressional B9, OLY B9, STA  B9, Merion F9

I didn't have good results on Pinehurst, but this is only my experience

• 1yes1no
    223 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 11:37 PM

I picked these up tonight thanks to the good words from all posters.  My first impression of them is wow!  I play a game which allows for the fact that I am not a very good dinger.  I feared that the forgiveness would throw me off, but truthfully I am still able to play my normal shot selection with equal or better results for the line to the hole.  The ball always stick on the green.  When I get my yardages mapped for the G-25s, I think I will be dangerous.  Already I am closer to the hole than my average, so these clubs really are outstanding.

You guys were spot on about the comments and even the wind effects, so I was not surprised by anything.  Thanks!

RSS