Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUB GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

Mon, Sep 18 2017 3:08 AM (839 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 3:49 PM

AlbertoBQ:
    If you instead are referring to the availability of your team during phase 1 and 2, it's true your team will need to stick together for 4+7 weeks,

Thanks, -abq-, that is what I was referring to, and you answered my question fully.

Thanks again, and Good Luck, Have Fun, & Never Give Up to all teams participating. I know I'm pumped already and still have 3 days to wait! : - )

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 4:45 PM

pierm:
    We have heard of what happened to the captain of Litfiba. I suppose this is real news unfortunately.

On behalf of all the 'Italian 
    Golf & Contry Club, to FLY58 our best wishes for a speedy recovery

Unfortunately it is true ............. we are all anxious for him and pray so that 'can recover as soon as possible .............. many many thanks for your kind thought

Carlo

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 4:50 PM

Ladies and gentlemen gr8 work of Alberto..............the link with leaderboard and stats has ready..........look 1st post of this thread.........his name is Country Club Grand Prix Leaderboard and Stats

Standing ovation for you Alberto

Carlo

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 9:05 PM

Hello everyone!

And thank you Carlo :-)

Now everything is in place and ready for the coming week, when this tournament will finally begin.
    As Carlo mentioned, a link to a spreadsheet with the Leaderboards and stats is now available in the first post of this thread, and I'll copy it also here for your convenience.

Country Clubs Grand Prix - Leaderboards and Stats

It's a Google spreadsheet: no signup or questions, just click and enjoy.

Please check out the TABS at the bottom:

=1=
    "Leaderbord" (the opening page) is the overall leaderboard of the tournament.

=2=
    "Teams" is where you can see every Team and every Player enrolled.
    This tab will also be used to post every score, so you can check how your team or any other team is doing. Best scores will be highlighted.

=3=
    "Week 1" is the leaderboard for Week 1.
    Similar tabs will be available as the tournament progress.

Even though we're very careful on what we do, we know we are not perfect: if you see some score or data you don't think is right, please let us know and we will do our best to fix it.

And now... some information about the Country Clubs Grand Prix players:

33 Country Club Teams.

14 of the top 20 WGT Country Clubs (earnings).
    324 enrolled players, plus 3 non playing captains.
    147 Legends, with an average of 64.21
    180 Tour Legends with an average of 58.14

Total combined average is 60.87 and the average Level is 97.05

Players belong to a total of 27 Countries.

Top 3 Countries are
    USA    127 players
    UK        55 players
    Italy       30 players

12 Countries are represented by 1 player.

Only 3 Teams have all players from the same country:
    The Madrid Golf Club (Spain)
    The Normans Webb Collective (Australia)
    Italian Golf and Country Club (Italy)

While the most diverse Team is from the Wooden Tee, with players from 7 different Countries.

-abq-

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Oct 4 2014 2:42 AM

I haven't even looked at the spreadsheet yet, because I don't need to in order to say what is already true. Y'all rock, Period.

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Oct 4 2014 11:56 AM

good work fellas.

any chance of squeezing a player in at this late stage?  We're a small cc and only posted 7 players, but one (who must have been asleep for September  lol)  said he'd like to play if possible?

royboy1946 (L) is his name.

No worries if too late as appreciate there was a cut off date.

looking foiward to it

• Stewart4100
    3,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 4 2014 1:07 PM

When, where and how will the first matches be announced and instructions provided as to how the players should join & play their rounds?

Thank you

Stew - Old Duffers Retreat

(You guys have done an AWESOME job!!!!)

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Sat, Oct 4 2014 2:13 PM

graemelee99:
    any chance of squeezing a player in at this late stage?  We're a small cc and only posted 7 players, but one (who must have been asleep for September  lol)  said he'd like to play if possible?

I'm very very sorry but it isn't possible..........good luck and have fun

bye

Carlo

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Sat, Oct 4 2014 3:14 PM

Stewart4100:

When, where and how will the first matches be announced and instructions provided as to how the players should join & play their rounds?

Thank you

(You guys have done an AWESOME job!!!!)

Monday October 6 will begin the tournament ............ I will write every week course on which to play with the last post and in the 3rd post of this thread ... ....... no need to post the scores but serious or ironic comments would be welcome to feed a little challenge. 

Good luck to all teams and I hope you can enjoy yourself.

• Stewart4100
    3,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 4 2014 4:56 PM

I apologize for having to question further regarding the Week 1 9-hole "single play" round, as well as the "unlimited" CTTH match, but my players do not know if there will be a "sign-up" procedure so they play the correct course and their scores are properly collected. Can you please be more specific as to how they will know that they are teeing off on the correct course........ will they "register" as we do for WGT Tournaments? This is the first time for us playing in a multi-club tournament, so we are unfamiliar with the procedures. (IRONIC COMMENT: Maybe you WANT us to be confused - if so, it is working!!  LOL)

Thank you for any help you can provide that I can share with my Team.

RSS