Help › Forums

The age old "cheating" thing

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 11 2014 10:48 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • shankerhook
    22 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 5:09 AM

I just finished a tournament in which the second round had very high winds. I battled my rear end off and though the seventeenth hole bit me in the ass I was very happy with my end result. And yet when looking at the leaderboard and seeing the people finishing ahead of me with scores that  were as good or better than their first round scores having just finished makes me wonder.

I mean is there so much to be gained by cheating, and don't try to deny that you do it ( addressing no one in particular ) because that's an insult to ones intelligence. Is your need to dominate a "game" so inbred that you have to stoop to cheating to do accomplish that, and for what a few credits. Oh I get it you guys have to be like everyone else who's trying to make a buck and find ways to stay ahead of the rest of the mainstream of people who just want to compete in these tournaments for the fun of it.

I'm saddened by the whole thing, the fact that there's no way honest people can make any headway and therefore avoid these tournaments like the plague, or else are consigned to be listed on the third page or worse on the leaderboards. And sickened by the way wgt just turns their backs and lets this crap go on, after all they're raking the bucks in on golf equipment etc., and refuse to even the playing field.

if you can make all these other perks you can find a way to cut these guys out, it's likely that you already have and just don't want to start the process as you may fall down the wormhole farther than you may have guessed this thing goes. I challenge wgt to do the right thing: even the playing field so that everyone competes on the same level. And I challenge the nameless many who feel the need to cheat for gain, to get what they really DO NOT DESERVE, to come down to our level and try to beat our best with your best.

If you feel the need for rebuttal save your fingers, after this rant I'm done there'll be no replies so save your rapier wisecracks for someone who gives a s... 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 7:10 PM
    You can't do it so the others must be cheating. You've insulted a lot of people with no evidence.
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 8:21 PM

I think everybody is a cheat......lol

To be called a Cheat is one of the biggest honors within Wgt.   Damn I'm still trying to be called that....lol

Only advice to the ya...  It's only an Internet Game ...  Enjoy it to the best of your ability. Entering Credit Comps can be a Prob, if you can't shoot low scores.

-Roger

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 8:35 PM

Mate your stats say you are going to get royally thumped against quality opposition more often than not.

No offense, but you never had a chance.  You need to address your own game, and get close before you start worrying about anything else..

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:51 PM

One Putt % 32.80%

There ya go!

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 12:53 AM

The greens on BPB are the easiest in this game (IMO). even with heavy wind you shouldn't avg more than 15 feet away from the pin and after that, any score over let's say 62 is a really bad day at the office.  But, as others pointed out, you'd need to learn how to putt first ;-)

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 1:17 AM

if the score he was very happy with was the 72 in the second round of the first tee open, then i think that tells us everything about his game, why do people set themselves up to be ridiculed?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 11:05 AM

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 12:48 PM

Well there's a lot of work that can be done to improve your play in this game.  I've been putting in some pretty big work the last month or two with the help of a friend on top of the work we have done when we have played the last few years off and on.  I smacked around 6 or 7 packs of balls last week in practice mode trying to get dialed in.

I see progress and even my 27-29s feel horrible at times.  Some rounds I can't even get close.   Speaking of BPB I just finished 2 BPB brackets with over 20 ft to pin.  I won't even blame the game for that.  I've been working hard on trying to figure out WHY and sometimes you have to get worse before you get better.

Instead of blaming cheaters try to actually put in some work.  If you put some work in you can shoot 28-30 pretty consistently.  To shoot 25-27 consistently it's going to take much more work.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:58 AM

TopShelf2010:

It amazes me sometimes the effort that goes into someone making a post about 'cheating.' If these people would take a small percentage of that time to learn the game, these 'cheating' posts would be minimal.

Yes, this game can be very frustrating at times, but to take the simple out by throwing accusations around is simply cowardly.

+1

Nail on head for so so many I can't do it so.................

• PAGES
RSS