Forums

Help › Forums

Legends and hybrid

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 8 2010 3:48 PM (6 replies)
  • jcs89
    172 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:12 AM

Just a quick question....How many fellow legend players use a hybrid club?  As of now, i have 3 wedges but was considering a hybrid, at least for maybe Bethpage.  Any input would be helpful.  I know i can go to profiles and look but i want to hear some reasons why.  Thanks....jcs89

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:28 AM

I carry a hybrid for playing the championship tees on any of the courses.  Its much better out of the 20-25 lies in the rough than my Rapture 3I and its good for those 195-215yd second shots( or 220 yd par 3s) where I would have to choke down on my 3W.  I dropped my 64 degree wedge.  I played a few rounds w/o the hybrid and found I missed it more than I do the 64.  But I can choke way down on my Ping Tour Pro 60 to compensate for not having the 64.

I suggest you play a few rounds with and without your hybrid to decide.  Your G10 3I has 10 yards on my Rapture 3I.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:48 AM

Would gladly pick up a hybrid, put I made the mistake when earlier of not buying it before the tiers went into place.  I think I need about 4000 more levels so I can buy a i15 hyrbid.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:12 PM

Personally I don't carry a hybrid and won't.  I would rather have a 4th wedge in my bag than a hybrid since it is rare that I'm in the spot where I would need this club.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:45 PM

I don't carry a hybrid, I'd rather have a 3 wood and the additional wedge. My 3 iron goes 215yards and that has meant there is little need for the hybrid.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 2:23 PM

I used to have a hybrid (220 yds), but sacrificed it for a 64 degree wedge. There are    very few courses where I need it - (Bethpage #3 from the black tees is the only one I can think of). I use the 64 degree wedge 4 or 5 times a round (good from bunkers, rough, shorter approach shots). When I had the hybrid in my bag I used it once a round. I have a 3 wood (235 yds) and a 3 iron (210 yds) so depending on the wind I can work around it.

The only place I use the hybrid now is Bali Hai CTTH (I use it for 2 of the holes).

Buying the 64 degree wedge is what got me to legend. It really lowered my average. 

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 3:48 PM

TarheelsRule:

Personally I don't carry a hybrid and won't.  I would rather have a 4th wedge in my bag than a hybrid since it is rare that I'm in the spot where I would need this club.

I find the hybrid to be just about perfect off the tee on a number of the par 3's, depending on the wind.

I'd rather just drop a 3 or 4 iron and play both, but that's impossible, being that my irons are all welded together.....

RSS