Help › Forums

Putting: Distance control with an ice lolly

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:51 AM (6 replies)
  • Toothpaste
    37 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 1:42 AM

Ice lolly

When painting, a painter uses his brush to judge distance to transfer the right scale of an object to his painting. When I started out at WTG, I used my thumb to calculate how hard I should hit, my length of the nail was 3.5ft. It was perfect for short distance putts.

Then I ate an ice cream, and started to use the left overs - the ice lolly - to control my putts. I painted few lines on it so I can easier see the scale. Instead of an ice lolly, paper or a yellow sticky note can be used just as good.

I thought that I share this idea with you all, as a extra tip to nivlacs already great finding regarding distance control when putting. Hope it helps.

• flushinjus
    76 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 6:01 AM
    Thats epic bro.
  • pillsy
    489 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 6:19 PM

when yancey sobers up his patent attorney is going to be ALL over this!

YOU DIDN'T STAY WITH HIM, NOW!

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Fri, Oct 8 2010 4:35 PM

What a brilliant idea!

Wish I'd thought of that....(12 months ago).

lol

• Toothpaste
    37 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 10:07 AM

Well guys, I have polished my product a bit for the environment friendly golfer that doesn't want to waste electricity, or for that golfer that needs to hide from his wife under a blanket cuz she "doesn't like that you spend more time with virtual balls than talking with her about her something something something".

Anyway, when its dark, its impossible to see the lines on the ice lolly, so I used my hunting knife to cut small marks in the ice lolly where the drawn lines are. With this new feature, the light from the monitor lights up the marks and you no longer have to golf like Stevie Wonder under that blanket of yours.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:43 AM

Inspired - even Yancy's new beta meter didnt have nightvision!

• Toothpaste
    37 Posts
    Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:51 AM

I shall call it: Night Meter 2010.

It will be available at eBay for 19.99 (limited offer!).

RSS