Help › Forums

What's you 'magical' mouse.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 24 2010 10:55 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 10:25 PM

Seriously, I think the best thing to equip your bag is not a club but a mouse!

Personally, I use the USB Microsoft optical mouse, very generic but did the job so far. I also personally think that using the spacebar would be more precise for me (base on my experience in other games). So WGT...?

But I am ready for something new. Before I can fork out 80$ on a gamer mouse, I'll do a bit of investigation.

I wonder also if anyone here uses a tablet with pen. I was considering that option too, probably more responsive and accurate. I was also considering those trackballs (mice that don`t move)

Also Mac users, what about that 'buttonless' mouse? Is it good for that game?

Thanks for your input.

Rob

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:01 AM

SC-Faterson has tried everything under the sun-he would be the one to weigh in here. I use the same MS mouse on my laptop and have zero complaints. I doubt an $80 mouse would be worth the cost. JMO.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:12 AM

SC, the best thing about the pricier mice is the sensitivity adjustments. You can tweak the settings to your tendencies.  If your a habitual fingerlagger as myself, increasing the sensitivity  makes those late dings  more tolerable.

80 dollars is way out of line though, I would suggest Logitech G5 or G500.  55-70 dollars tops depending on where get it from.

YJ  is  correct, the MS Optical is the best mouse for the money. I use it also.  The MS mouse is also more rugged, it takes abuse very well.

• don300
    36 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:24 AM

salamii:
    it takes abuse very well

So I take it I'm not the only one who has broken his mouse after a bad shot   :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:28 AM

don300:
    So I take it I'm not the only one who has broken his mouse after a bad shot   :-)

That's what duct tape is for.  :-D

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:55 AM

The laser tracking in the higher end models is very sensitive.  Balanced on a spring suspension,  similar to a blue-ray or dvd player.  1 or 2 shots off the wall or desk is more than it can handle. Pile of junk after that.

• ST3F0
    12 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:43 PM

I use a wireless joystick with xpadder, a program to configure it. It is very comfortable.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 11:25 AM

Good day,,     I picked up a Logitech M110 hard wire $9.99 special last week.. For when the grand kids are here. Tried it on WGT.. best thing that Iv done for my game.. 

• snipersammy
    9 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:10 PM

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH just hit 160 yd club to a 168 pin with a 11 mph wind at my back. It went 154 into a bunker, WTF. Very FRUSTATING.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 6:25 PM

@Salamii

Took a look at the Logitech G5 and G500, they look very nice. One comes with little weights (in various grams) that you can adjust to change the 'feel' of it. I don't know about the button responsiveness. Because that game relies more on the button precision rather than the movement. Wouldn't it be great to have a portable version of WGT so we can try different hardware at Best Buy :-)

YankeeJim:
    SC-Faterson has tried everything under the sun-he would be the one to weigh in here.

I've tried a lot of things to hit that famous sweet spot too: Tapping the touchpad of the laptop, leaning away from the screen, putting my nose on the screen, drink two beers (that worked a couple of times!!). Some are better than others but no miracle method yet.

@ST3F0

Thanks, I didn't know about Xpadder. I'll try to find a cheap USB joystick and configure it.

• PAGES
RSS