Forums

Help › Forums

Hi Johnno here again, piztaker was kind enough to sort out my question in quick short time, tks PZ...though now I have another...now that I have purchased the new club's what do I do with the old ones...? a chap said sell them..another, 'gift' them - also

Fri, Nov 12 2010 10:51 AM (4 replies)
  • Johnno24241
    22 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 12:45 PM

Hi, johnno here, Q pls...have now become Pro...now hit of the higher ranked tee's...found my driving to be somewhat embarrasing...short...checked my equipment...& I'm still using the first set I was given...I've gone from hack to Pro with no upgrading of clubs...is this normal...? standard...??  have I done something wrong or missed anything throughout the process...???   in the advancing stages there were bonus..'You have now'''...a club or clubs...perhaps they had to be locked in somehow....???   brought some balls for the first time & didnt lock them & lost them of course...anybody advise me pls....very uncomfortable when almost everyone has 30/40yds on you...everytime....also every 2nd shot is a full reach just about...fraying the nerves....lol   cheer's  Johnno24241

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 9:25 PM

There are some masters still using starter clubs and balls. I played one yesterday who's average was 67. If you need better clubs then you had better start buying.

• Johnno24241
    22 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:11 AM

Thanks pz, have taken your advise & low 'n' behold......my game has changed 180%.....I'm smiling now instead of gritting my teeth......'dunno' why I didnt just do it before......cheer's for the straight shoot.   Johnno24241

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:40 PM

No problem. A satin wedge should be your next purchase, feel free to invite me for a game sometime.

• Johnno24241
    22 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 10:51 AM

Hi there....ummm ??  " I'm going to call you PT if you dont mind mate" - Johnno24241 here, dont know if you remember me but sometime ago you were kind enough to take some time & help me with a few hiccup's in my game, you pointed me in the right direction & were instrumental in my becoming a very happy mid-range average golfer,   lol   , now PT I've returned to you again to ask if you could edit an idea of mine, I've outlined it, 'as I see it', on my Blog in my profile place....that's johnno24241 from Australia....I'm a WGT member so should be able to find me, appreciate your time with this & I look forward to playing a round with you sometime in the near future....Your's   Johnno

RSS