Help › Forums

Build your own balls?? WOW

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 19 2014 4:18 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rufustoad
    258 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 7:37 PM

Let people design their own balls. I would like a 1.5 to 2.0 meter speed and a 2.5 spin with 4.0 distance. Then you could price the ball according to the design..

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 8:05 PM

Callaway HEX Chrome+ Balls (L35+)

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, May 22 2014 8:38 PM

CanineSupervisor:
    Callaway HEX Chrome+ Balls (L35+)

those yellow b4 h gets here :)

very good idea by the way 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 1:00 AM

In theory it's a great idea, custom golf balls with exactly the attributes you want.

I would have serious reservations about the ability of the programmers to get it right though.

Seriously, where are the people who created the original game program?  Find them, offer them sack fulls of gold and get them to fix some of the additions that have been so badly made recently.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 1:20 AM

I think it is a pretty good idea too, but apart from the ability of the current programmers, as MM pointed out, in real life we cant really choose either. But could be a money spinner!

MainzMan:
    Seriously, where are the people who created the original game program?  Find them, offer them sack fulls of gold and get them to some of the additions that have been so badly made recently.

In total agreement, the current crop of programmers are either still in diapers or their only experience in programming is by virtue of reading programming for dummies - possibly as part of their induction.

• Rufustoad
    258 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 6:13 AM

Thanks for the compliments all. I totally agree with you about the trouble with programming and often wonder how they have made it this far! 

Thanks for the input CanineSupervisor, but those are also 2.5 meter speed and I would like them in a 1.5 to 2.0. I have always had trouble with the TERRIBLE meter having glitches and now I seem to be jumpy with a slower meter speed. I have notice that the higher the speed of the meter, the less it glitches for me and I ding 80% more. (wonder if I am the only one with this trouble) LOL NOT!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 23 2014 1:34 PM

Rufus, if you are having meter issues it usually is something going on with your PC.

Try clearing the caches etc, different browser, updating or reverting an older flash version and ensuring the background process running are limited (I use a CPU meter to watch for spikes). Worth checking the quality of your internet connection too.

Sadly to play this game with a good meter takes a lot of effort on the users behalf and can be trial and error until you get the right mix.

• sgd180
    52 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 4:27 PM

More taylormade n srixon  higher levels

• Rufustoad
    258 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 5:29 AM

Thanks for the input alanti!!

This is the second computer and brand new at that. I think you are probably correct that it takes some effort to get the correct mix but I use Chrome which is suppose to be WGT preferred and who has time for all that? I would think if WGT fair programmers that this would be a first priority fix. I have seen several posts on this issue and there is always a different answer. I do admit that I am on Verizon Jet Pack because I am way out in the woods BUT I have pretty good reception and I do have 4G. Again I think you could be correct on the effort but this game is just a game and I know I don't have the time. I just no longer spend money with them. 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, May 26 2014 6:12 AM

Custom Balls???   Have you not forgot how much It costs to buy a custom AVATAR??

• PAGES
RSS