Forums

Help › Forums

#2 Bethpage

Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:21 AM (8 replies)
  • Stevo73
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:23 AM

How do you get the ball to stop on the green?

I either fall up short in rough or bunker or land on the green but roll off the back. I just cannot get the ball to stop on the putting surface.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:33 AM

I wish I had that problem, I am either in the f-in trees on the left or in the 40/50% rough on the right, making my 2nd shot to the green a pipedream.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:32 AM

your gonna find it hard to stop anythin with those clubs stevo ...speshly uphill....the front pin location you have very little chance of gettin close..(with better clubs you can) the middle back pin u could get close,,try imagining the hole closer to the front of the green and guage you shot to that!   try to get to the middle of the green thats good for both! but who am i to say...gl... saying that, i do remember playing this course with the starters and more often than not i was chipping it from the fringe at the back.... if i ever got to the green in 2 that is!

(this is not an advertisement)

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:35 AM

with starter clubs ...only real chance is if you are playing into the wind for the pin at the back. For pin at the front, practice the bunker shot!

• Stevo73
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 6:05 AM

cheers nic

i have 1025 credits and wonder what is the best way to make use of those:

driver, irons, wedge or putter (and which to get first)

how did you go about upgrading clubs i.e. in which order?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 6:49 AM

I know you didn't ask me but as this is an all British thread, I think those satin wedges are a real bargain at only 200 credits. You can lower your score dramatically once you get used to them.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 7:55 AM

well, i dont know if im the best to ask....but i would say a decent driver and putter are a must...and them satins look ok... saying that,if i were you, i would wait untill i upped my levels and reached master....the course`s become longer and you may wish you`d have chosen different clubs..(you can always sell them back for 25% of what they cost..and fork out for new ones...thats if you  don`t mind wgt bleeding you dry) and about $20 will kit you out!

• sayo
    56 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:36 AM

on this shot i usually wind up about 107 yrds away from the flag, my i15 pitchwedge is 115 yrd max power, so say its 5 mph wind coming at me i would hit the ball full backspin and about 110-112 on the power bar and it will land 2 yrds befor the hole and usualy end up around 1-3 yrds from the flag... hope this helps u guys... but heads up my irons are high trajectory and will change if you dont have same trajectory

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:21 AM

I can faintly remember what I did when I was in your position...the clubs you use and the ball. You must hit the fairway at all cost. Depending on what you have left is the supreme factor. You must be serious with aim, hit the white line and land the ball just in the front fringe and watch the roll. Usually the ball will go a bit long to the back edge, but over and over again you can learn to enjoy many birdie chips from that area. Beth is the best place we have to really learn the short game...it's all good

RSS