Help › Forums

New master looking for club advice.....

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 27 2010 5:07 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 4:43 PM

So I just turned master yesterday (after only 20 days lol...addicting game)..and I am definitely in need of an equipment upgrade.  The Rapture V2 clubset is the best set I have unlocked...should I just go for this?  I could also go for the Burner set or the G10 set...I have 2 nice Z wedges so Im set their....My thinking is that if I buy the Rapture clubset (2718 credits), this will leave me with just a putter to buy, and I will be set for the master level...is this correct, or will I have to upgrade again in a week lol.

Any input is appreciated and GL on the grass!

I was also wondering how some players are say on level 30...but they have a driver that unlocks on say level 70...how does that work..did they get it b4 the tier change? ( which I just heard about not apart of)...should I wait for a sale? lol lots of questions srry I just don't want to spend 30 bucks on nothing.

• ALByrd60
    224 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 5:53 PM

I am Tour Pro and I stay with the masters with my Rapture V2 2010 complete set....good set.

second part of your question, alot of us bought clubs we could get then change came and  we got to keep them since we had bought them already and had them. I have clubs that Level 44 and higher and I am only level30. I noticed that some of my clubs that I have are locked till a much higher level, but I already had em as I spent almost $100 on clubs, balls, clothes etc.

Hope this cleared it up for u

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 6:17 PM

Perhaps you are playing from the short tees???  Check it out closely next time you are playing against a Master.

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 6:25 PM

?  No i'm playing from long tees thats why I need an upgrade...I cant even make it on some of the fairways

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 7:03 PM

PRB - I'd recommend waiting a few days. WGT has announced their intention to change the way clubs are unlocked over the next few releases - there's a thread started by WGTSky in the Announcements Forum about this. I do not know when the next release is scheduled, but the last 3 releases were on 6/28, 7/27 and 8/31, so a release this week would fit that pattern. Probably wouldn't hurt to wait a few days and see if better equipment becomes available to you.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 9:02 PM

The Raptures are good clubs, but the G10's are excellent. As for a putter I'd wait until you unlock the Daytona.

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 9:33 PM

its seems like the better g10's and drivers are locked till around level 60..wtf is that lol...by that time ill be an old man!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 10:54 PM

PRBBLUFF:

So I just turned master yesterday (after only 20 days lol...addicting game)..and I am definitely in need of an equipment upgrade.  The Rapture V2 clubset is the best set I have unlocked...should I just go for this?  I could also go for the Burner set or the G10 set...I have 2 nice Z wedges so Im set their....My thinking is that if I buy the Rapture clubset (2718 credits), this will leave me with just a putter to buy, and I will be set for the master level...is this correct, or will I have to upgrade again in a week lol.

Any input is appreciated and GL on the grass!

I was also wondering how some players are say on level 30...but they have a driver that unlocks on say level 70...how does that work..did they get it b4 the tier change? ( which I just heard about not apart of)...should I wait for a sale? lol lots of questions srry I just don't want to spend 30 bucks on nothing.

AS for the players at level 30 who have clubs that unlock at level 70 or so # 1 they might have been masters before the change and had already bought those clubs. #2 They might have bought them 2 weeks ago when they unlocked the earlier versions of those clubs for 2 or 3 days so that players who were elevated to master tier by the change could buy the clubs they thought they needed then.

Like one of the earlier posters said you could wait until you unlock the daytona to upgrade your putter. But at level 35 the Anser unlocks and from what I have been told it is a very good putter. Much better than the starter gold that you have now. As for the other clubs get the best you can get now which is probably the raptures. And you might want to get some better balls as well something like the tour gis ball with extra distance spin and a slightly slower meter.

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 2:54 AM

THE RAPURES HAVE A MUCH SLOWER SWING SPEED WITH LITTLE LOSS IN DISTANCE OVER MOST CLUBS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET FOR AWHILE SO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THOSE. ALSO, GET SOME DISTANCE BALLS TO HELP GO FARTHER. THEN, BE PREPARED FOR ALL OF THESE CLUBS TO BE OBSOLETE WHEN YOU ADVANCE TO NEXT TIER OR 2 AND YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY ALL NEW CLUBS. IT IS NOW A MONEY SUCKING SITE!!!!! 

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 4:41 AM

The funny thing is that all I want to do is make some fing birdies and swing some nice clubs.....i want to spend money..but this unlocked bs wont let me buy it

• PAGES
RSS