Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go Touraments - WGT SCREW MOST PLAYERS

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:05 AM (6 replies)
  • Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 11:55 AM

its a joke how can you have a green speed used in a tourament that you can't practice using unless you are a legend, basically you are making the competitions unfair and have cause this game to become a f*cking joke and so totally unrealistic

i would advise that if you are not a legend that you dont play and ready go touraments as they are set up for Legends to have the advantage to win them so WGT can screw more money out of most of its players

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 12:38 PM

Deccy180:

its a joke how can you have a green speed used in a tourament that you can't practice using unless you are a legend, basically you are making the competitions unfair and have cause this game to become a f*cking joke and so totally unrealistic

i would advise that if you are not a legend that you dont play and ready go touraments as they are set up for Legends to have the advantage to win them so WGT can screw more money out of most of its players

Well... that evens the field a bit. Being that Legends are teeing off from tees that are 40 to 60 yards further than you in some cases.

EVERYONE should be putting on the same greens in tournaments.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 12:56 PM

I say Deccy has a point. The only fair way to make it would be to have the Legends play on Very Fast greens from his tee.  LMAO-you'd never even sniff the payout.       :-D

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 1:51 PM

Instead of crying about it, you could just try and work it out for yourself?

All green speeds can be worked out with simple calculations.

I got this from someone else's post and it is very accurate (Thank's to original poster)

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Distance control for when the green speed is one you're not used to playing on:

Very Slow: 80%

Slow: 90%

Standard: 100%

Fast: 110%

Very Fast: 120%

Tournament: 130%

Now, what you do is divide the percentage given here for the green speed you're playing by the distance you have to the pin plus or minus the adjustment for elevation, and that's what you have to hit.

Example: Pro's play fast green speed.  Say we have a 20 foot putt that's 3 inches uphill.  23 ft of power, but wait!  Fast greens mean putts roll 110%, so divide the 23 ft by 1.1.  for the less math able, that's 20.9 feet.

Try it, It works!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:07 PM

I have an idea since big Jim was running at the mouth a few weeks ago about legends. Move him to the back with us and he can relearn the game already LOL. Then maybe he can score good enough on Tournament greens to make his money back!  :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 7:02 PM

claremoreblue:
    I have an idea since big Jim was running at the mouth a few weeks ago about legends.

Excuse me? Feel free to elaborate, ducky. I've been sympathetic to the plight of those thrust unwillingly into the Legend tier from day 1.  R.I.F. bucko-start here.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:05 AM

Deccy180:

You can play a "practice round" and set green speeds to Tourney Speed. 

Have you tried that yet?  Or just plaing "ranked/scored" rounds?

RSS