Forums

Help › Forums

What to do with 175 credits?

Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:33 AM (8 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:25 AM

I'm having to ask you lovely people, because, well, I've never really spent any credits on this game.

On the update, WGT gave me 150 credits to go with the 25 from a sold driver. 175 credits can't get a lot I know, but what should I do with them, in your opinion?

P.S. First person to say 'Give them to me' gets a slap.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:37 AM

Can't buy a driver with it.  Not even sure about a 3W, and even if you did, you probably rarely need a 3W.

So my vote goes to this wedge, for sure.

Unfortunately, buying this wedge will probably make you good enough to make the master tier, which will make you hit from harder tees, and you might not like that.

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:40 AM

There are a couple of wedges you can buy with that amount, which would give you better control of the short shots, instead of the starter wedges that you have.

You can buy a number of balls with the credits.  Look at either the ES or XD, very cheap.  1 gives you some spin, the other some distance, without changing your swing speed from the starter balls that you use.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:43 AM

Ellis****e... if you go in the pro shop link, under the Clubhouse Grill section, you'll be able to buy a good cigar and a single malt scotch with those credits.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:43 AM

garyk49:
    You can buy a number of balls with the credits.  Look at either the ES or XD, very cheap.  1 gives you some spin, the other some distance, without changing your swing speed from the starter balls that you use.

Note: Balls are temporary and, in my opinion, completely unnecessary unless you are playing RG's or MPC's.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:55 AM

I have to agree with him Gary. I've used 'paid' balls before, and they don't really improve my performance from the free balls. So much so, I still have 1 paid ball somewhere in my kit...

CRH: I wouldn't actually mind hitting Master, but I'd only like to do it when I'm 'ready'. With my current clubs, I'm not even good enough to be 'ready', thus why I'm still Tour Pro. That, and being a Master isn't as much of an achievement that it used to be, now it's only the 3rd tier.

What about entering a RG? I'm not very good, but do you think I may be good enough to at least make some profit?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:07 AM

EllisSpice:
    I have to agree with him Gary. I've used 'paid' balls before, and they don't really improve my performance from the free balls. So much so, I still have 1 paid ball somewhere in my kit...

The upgraded balls offer nice improvements, but I think you would feel foolish buying something that will only last three days when you could buy something that will last forever.

EllisSpice:
    CRH: I wouldn't actually mind hitting Master, but I'd only like to do it when I'm 'ready'. With my current clubs, I'm not even good enough to be 'ready', thus why I'm still Tour Pro.

You are a tour pro because of the fact that you have starter clubs.  If you had upgraded clubs, you would be a master for sure.

EllisSpice:
    What about entering a RG? I'm not very good, but do you think I may be good enough to at least make some profit?

With your current clubs, no.

If you got upgraded clubs and practice to relearn some of the shots and also adjust to moving to the master tees, probably... not much, but enough to continually play them and use upgraded balls without having to keep making cash deposits into your account.  The reason I say that is because I think you're good enough to be a master or tour master, but not good enough to make legend and have to deal with the penalties that are now making people like Captain Shank no longer competitive.  Unfortunately, since you missed out on the tier-based club sale, it is perhaps not even worth attempting this until you can get some of the better clubs.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:14 AM

Well, I've pretty decided the money is going on one of those good-looking 110 credits wedges. But, I ask you all, which one? The SW replacement, or the LW replacement?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:33 AM

EllisSpice:

Well, I've pretty decided the money is going on one of those good-looking 110 credits wedges. But, I ask you all, which one? The SW replacement, or the LW replacement?

Either the Z Satin 54 degree or the Z Satin 60 degree wedge, since they offer much more spin than the Pings. 

Although the meters will be faster than what you're used to, you will be able to stop the ball dead on the green with either wedge if you put full backspin on the ball.

RSS