Forums

Help › Forums

WHY WGT?

Tue, Sep 21 2010 2:54 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SEK1
    38 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:46 PM

Alright, so I know I don't have a lot of posts on the forum but i do read a lot of the threads on this forum

This whole pro shop update with the level system was supposed to make clubs MORE accessible right?  So why is it that as a master i have a choice of the following

**Not including WGT Clubs**

3 of 16 drivers

6 of 26 Woods/Hybrids

4 of 15 Iron Sets

4 of 20 Wedges

and finally 1 of 5 putters??

in total as a "master" I am only allowed to even choose 18 of out the 82 available clubs, not even 25% Now Ive gotten a majority of my clubs before the update but for a system which was supposed to make it easier to get clubs i feel that this is extremely counter-productive to what WGT was trying to accomplish and frankly its kind of annoying that im willing to spend my money to see what i might like and i cant.

anyways let me know how you feel about the whole situation

p.s. sorry for being late on this whole issue but i had another thread about a different issue before and didnt want to have 2 so close together

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:01 AM

I'm becoming more convinced as WGT continues down this path of telling people they're listening but then refuse to even install the easy fixes that they are actually attempting to get people to leave. WGT does not want our business because they are incapable of handling the current volume. If they drive enough people away they hope to get volume down to a level they can manage.

Businesses in that position (can't handle the volume) have to walk a tightrope to not lose too much business that can't be recovered when the increased capability comes to the business.

It's still a poor business decision to refuse to take money people are trying to spend in your store. Especially since it is WGT's requirement that you spend the money with them to be competitive in the first place.

At least WGT personnel  who communicate with the customers on these forums should be honest enough to admit they are intentionally trying to lose customers rather than string everyone along with empty promises.

• Miaouu
    109 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:26 AM

Srellim234, your reply is right on, They are no able to fix bugs, servers access is limited  and they don't want to update these ones now.

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:36 PM

I'm not quite sure that they are intentionally trying to lose customers but i do agree that they are doing a very good job of it.

The real idea behind their new level system is ironically (even though it might not seem like it yet) to drive people to buy MORE, think about it, if you are advanced up to a pro at say level forty-something, you are going to buy whatever crappy clubs are available at level forty something, so when you advance to say level 50 a few weeks later, you will probably want to upgrade even further and spend another 10 bucks on some only slightly better irons.

also you only unlock a few items at a time instead of a lot so instead of having choices you have to decide when you want to upgrade.

They are forcing you to take baby steps with your club upgrades instead of going from starters to master G10's and just keeping those, you are going to now go from starters to regular g10s to raptures to i15s to R9's etc

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:02 PM

SEK1:
    They are forcing you to take baby steps with your club upgrades instead of going from starters to master G10's and just keeping those, you are going to now go from starters to regular g10s to raptures to i15s to R9's etc

That is what most of us did before the change. Then you could only buy clubs and balls for that matter that were available for your tier.  As a pro you could only buy and use pro clubs and balls and so forth. You could not go from the starters to the Master g-10's unless you used the starters until you made master. There are not a lot of players skilled enough to make master using just the starters. I know some have but they are the exception rather the rule. IMO the change was made to appease many of the lower tier players who were playing in the RG's and complained that they could not compete because they were not able to buy master clubs. They did make it possible for them to buy master clubs but after reaching a certain level. If they were allowed to buy the master clubs and play from the amateur and pro tees with them even the less skilled players could post very low scores because many of the greens on most of the courses would then  be drivable. A Master driver and  the master Redwood putter could and would let many less skilled players post sub 60 scores. Turning WGT into another cartoon golf site like TWO. WGT may have made a mistake but it was not imo to make more money but to try to please the lower tier whiners. hopefully they will see their mistake and take steps to correct it. But that change is not unlocking all the clubs.That would just create a no win situation for many people.

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:27 PM

you are right about the fact that unlocking all of the clubs is not the right way to go, however i think that maybe a combination (sort of like that 1 week window) where you can purchase the high end clubs for masters and legends and such, would be a much better step towards making everyone happy while still being fair.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 10:51 PM

Wouldn't it be possible just to bring the tees forward 10 yards, or are there only a set amount of places to put them?

• SEK1
    38 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:22 PM

Well since they use images which have already been taken, i dont think that they can unfortunately

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:51 PM

SEK1:

you are right about the fact that unlocking all of the clubs is not the right way to go, however i think that maybe a combination (sort of like that 1 week window) where you can purchase the high end clubs for masters and legends and such, would be a much better step towards making everyone happy while still being fair.

You must have missed it, but they did that last week after they realized many of the players that got moved to a higher tier because the change did not have the clubs they needed and couldn't get them. They offered the older pro and master clubs for 1 week at the sale price that they had before the change. The clubs they offered then had the same attributes of the locked ones just not the slight tweeks that Sky has  mentioned. I was lucky in that I bought the clubs that I felt I needed including the Master Redwood putter during the sale. A lot of people didn't but then fearing that WGT was going to bring out a lot of new and better clubs. I'm sure no one had any idea that those clubs would be locked.

• nofear2
    2 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 7:34 AM
    Unfair playing levels.....equipment locked....can't improve my game. I guess my complaint is that ever since WTG made the move to switch players to a "higher" playing level, I can no longer compete and find this game fun to play. Okay, I might have "missed" the special offering to upgrade my clubs (one week special) but I did just made another $20 deposit in order to upgrade my driver, only tio find out that need to be at a level of 57+ (currently a 30 level) in order to buy a driver that will give me the distance to compete at the "Master" or higher levels. Since WTG upgraded my player level to Master, I have not even be close to breaking par with the substandard level of clubs I have in my bag. I guess I could continue to play and post over par rounds and have a +75 Mater level....so much fun. I don't mind spending the $20 to upgraded my equipment....just give us the chance to get the right equipment to play at the levels that you set us at.
  • PAGES
RSS