Forums

Help › Forums

Getting rid of jerky swing meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 1 2010 2:19 PM (6 replies)
  • JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:25 AM

Hi everyone i installed Leatrix latency fix and got rid of my jerky swing meter

thanks

james

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 6:51 AM

I posted my results with this fix in THIS THREAD.

• TonyMckee
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 4:00 PM

Where do you find this Leatrix latency fix?  The first I heard of it.  Being new to this site does explain a lot though, thx everyone, be gentle hahaha

Tony

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 1:18 AM

Click the link in my post above Tony.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 10:41 AM

TonyMckee:

Where do you find this Leatrix latency fix?  The first I heard of it.  Being new to this site does explain a lot though, thx everyone, be gentle hahaha

Tony

The Leatrix latency fix does help but there is much more to smoothing a jerky meter. Your video card drivers need to be up to date so that they work well with the newest version of Adobe Flash player. And any unnecessary programs running in the background should be closed. A good way to do this is to run the program Game booster. The newest version is Game Booster 2. It is very easy to run and helps to smooth the meter even better than Leatrix latency fix. Also lowering flash quality helps a lot too. Basically anything that takes pressure off of your video card so it can run a higher frame helps smooth the meter.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:00 AM

borntobesting:

TonyMckee:

Tony

The Leatrix latency fix does help but there is much more to smoothing a jerky meter. Your video card drivers need to be up to date so that they work well with the newest version of Adobe Flash player. And any unnecessary programs running in the background should be closed. A good way to do this is to run the program Game booster. The newest version is Game Booster 2. It is very easy to run and helps to smooth the meter even better than Leatrix latency fix. Also lowering flash quality helps a lot too. Basically anything that takes pressure off of your video card so it can run a higher frame helps smooth the meter.

I agree....

I tried the afinity settings, Latency install...all worked good for a few holes at a time....just this Saturday I installed the new Beta 2.0? I think version of game booster....I've been playing relatively "jerk free" since....my meter is not smooth as silk, but the game is sooooo much more plyable and enjoyable now...In fct my scoring average has dropped from 75.-something to under 72 now.

Will it last?  Hope so.

• Leadboot
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 2:19 PM

I just want to say thanks for the info on Game Booster 2. After trying the affinity fix and the latency fix to no avail, I downloaded it, and noticed an immediate difference on the swing meter and general performance of the game.

It allows for a more consistent swing, allowing me to learn when to stop the meter, instead of hoping I guessed right.  Now my blood pressure can return to it's semi-normal state :-)

RSS