Forums

Help › Forums

First hole in one.....and first 5 putt lol

Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:25 PM (6 replies)
  • PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:35 AM

So, I just finished the Kiawah front 9 ready go. I hit it less than 1ft on #1 so just a tap in, never noticed the green speed. On #2, I hit a good 3rd into the green about 5ft above the hole, downhill 1 inch, 5 ft, tough breaker. I hit my normal putt I would hit on tournament greens...the ball went 19 ft! Then I noticed they were Championsihp greens, man those things are slick. I then proceeded to lip out from there, then lip out from 3 ft, another lip out from 2.3 ft, and finally made it for a triple bogey lol. I just sputtered along after that, making 1 birdie on #7.....and then #8 came...184yds, 17mph wind coming at me and to the right, I hit a full 4 iron with full backspin...and it went in! My first hole in one!....I had a hole in one, 2 birdies...and shot even par lol..Gotta love this game

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:06 AM

Can't match the ace PGA but the other day when the legends green speed was set so high I did manage a 6 putt on the 1st hole at Oakmont from 15 feet    lol

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:19 AM

yeah those greens are nuts man, I couldnt help but laugh at myself , just thinking "is this really happening right now?" lol,,,,,,as for Oakmont, I despise that course, I dont think I've ever made par on #1 lol

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:24 AM

I actually eagled it the other day in a multi player game.  I did manage to follow up my 6 foot on #1 with another one at #18 in another nine hole round.  Those green speeds are brutal, especially on that tract.

I just finished an 18 hole weekly at Kiawah with tournament green speeds, I think I have about 31 or 32 putts and at least 4 three putts.  I constantly end up with 5 or 6 foot second putts at this green speed and at least 2 or 3 lip outs on each round.

• CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:19 AM

I also made my first ace on that hole.  Always play it a few yards out to the left and bring it down the slope, right into the hole.  Actually just missed another ace on the hole earlier today by an 3 inches.  Was a little pissed off at that one.

• tony0862
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:25 PM

just wondering if you could tell me why my first ace and eagle never posted on my stats.  Any ideas?

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:33 PM

CaptainShank:

I also made my first ace on that hole.  Always play it a few yards out to the left and bring it down the slope, right into the hole.  Actually just missed another ace on the hole earlier today by an 3 inches.  Was a little pissed off at that one.

Yep, that's exactly what I did, landed pin high about 2yds left and took the slop right into the hole...I saved it (obviously), take a look! :)

RSS