Forums

Help › Forums

2014 Time Zones Golf Club League

Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:04 AM (345 replies)
  • stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Tue, Jun 10 2014 8:45 AM

Dubfore:

Congrats to Mike and his team for their win.

So, the big gold cup, and the winner's cheques - in the post I assume? 

;-)

Steve

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, Jun 10 2014 9:58 AM

You'll get your trophy this week, but the cheques will have to wait until after the press interviews....  :-)

• ragefire
    1,100 Posts
    Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:58 AM

Well done Michael and his 'team' for a well run competition, congrats to everyone who got their games played and to UKGE for the win.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Wed, Jun 11 2014 12:52 PM

Lost my match to Fredsawyer, 67-68.

After a messy front 9 by me, it looked all over at +1 to Freds vg -3. I started sinkin some putts, but Freds great eagle on the 11th kept us well apart.  Fred was very unlucky with a couple of lip outs and I managed to square it going into the 18th, but messed it up with a 3 putt for bogey.

A good match and good company.

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Wed, Jun 11 2014 2:21 PM

Just played DoubleEagleRob - and yet another great guy. Too great for me lol - I ran out of birdies on the back 9 and Rob made a great comeback to win on the 18th - 63/64 to ELCC vs UKGE.

Well played Rob - and hope to catch you for some late night 'under the influence' alt shot matches! :)

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Wed, Jun 11 2014 2:22 PM

And just a quick Thank You again for all the organising dubfore - GREAT effort that and obviously enjoyed by all. Met some great guys along the way too. Top event, well done Sir! :)

• DoubleEagleRob
    471 Posts
    Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:00 AM

Thanks for those kind words SteveW. You were very unlucky not to get at least a draw and were winning right up to the last green.

Thanks to the orgainsers of this comp who must have put in a hell of alot of time and effort on this. A good comp and it's been nice to play some matches with guys and gals from other clubs. Look forward to playing some of you in the future.

Cheers

Rob

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:18 AM

Thanks Steve and Rob, you're welcome. It doesn't take as much time as you think and it's an enjoyable hobby.   The best bit is connecting with people from everywhere.

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Thu, Jun 12 2014 11:39 AM

Hi Michael,thanks from all at Derbyshire Rejects for a tremendous job putting all this together.Great fun and lots of friendships created,look forward to the next (sooner than next year we hope lol)

All the best and congrats to all players who took part,Clive  D.R.

• DJW2307
    13,398 Posts
    Thu, Jun 12 2014 12:48 PM

Just played my match with Dougie (DougieWaugh) and as with every one of the rounds, what a top bloke and pleasure to play a round with...My thanks to Dougie for accommodating me this week with funny work times and we had a great game that also included a hole in one for me at hole 8..Unfortunately I was so excited that I ran out of time on the save the replay and missed the opportunity to save the replay for the shot of the round competition..Dougie advised I take a screen shot of the score card and would vouch for me..

Anyway enough waffling..Another great bloke and another friendship formed with the guys from ELCC.. Was a pleasure and with the help of my HIO managed a win for UKGE by a score of 63 - 66..

Many thanks for the game Dougie and thanks to Michael and the team for a fantastic event, which everyone has thoroughly enjoyed.

So DJW2307 (UKGE) 63 - DougieWaugh (ELCC) - 66.

Cheers

David

RSS