Forums

Help › Forums

2014 Time Zones Golf Club League

Wed, Jul 16 2014 3:04 AM (345 replies)
  • robho54
    141 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 12:42 PM

i apologise to my teamates for the sorry display i put up in my match tonight, dougiewaugh  -8 i think, robho54 + 8 , Dougie got booted on the very last green and it would have been another birdie for him, unfortunately he never made it back in time, a very nice person who was encouraging me right through the game, even if i had played a top game i still would not have beat him, nice guy and an exceptional player, thanks for the game Dougie

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 6:02 PM

NOTE:

Red Bluff Cove have pulled  out of the league.   Nothing complicated,  they were having problems fulfilling fixtures.  The club has folded.

All previous matches  v Red Bluff Cove are void.

The revised league table.

Table after Round 2

P               W            D            L           Pts         V

English Lakes              24             20             1             2          41           1

Derbyshire Rejects      24             11             3             9         25           1

UK Golfers Elite            12             11             0             1          22           0

United Federation        24              9              1            13         19           1

Fair Play                         24              7              2            14          16          1

Friendly Active               24              5              4            14          14          1

Derbyshire                     12              0              1            10            1          1         

• dandunno
    46 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:28 AM

Saddened by this news  :-(

• violetmay38
    17 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:45 AM

Derbyshire v United federation    (the olympic club)

violetmay 38 v lfleur

We need help please,  game gave up after drives on the 17th hole? one shot in it,

what shall we do?????

i suggested to lfleur (florence) that we could play matchplay back 9 & concede to each other until the 17th tee? then just play 17 & 18 & add our combined scores???

florence said we should ask for this advice.

what do we do????

thankyou VM

game completed today with the last two holes shared in par &birdie

so i ran out a narrow victor by one stroke  72-73 i believe,

i very much enjoyed the game florence its just such a pity that we did not get to complete first time around

tc my dear     VM

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:30 AM

That's a  good suggestion Violet.

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:48 AM

binkybaxter1 (DGCC)  64 V 65 Davedwingale (UFVG)         OLYMPIC

what made this an exciting game was a combination of my poor putting & daves poor irons,

in A/S with me approaching & dave putting we,d be unbeatable lol,

as i did manage 2 get sum v close  i edged it but 2 be fair a draw wudda been fairer.

gg Dave was fun? gl in ur golfing

binky :)

• SReesor
    286 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 4:39 AM

ascouriers (DG&CC) vs SReesor (UFVG)

Alan and I played our game this morning and I managed to win 64-67. We both struggled today at Olympic but I managed to snag a few birdies along the way to get the win. Enjoyed the game today Alan, look forward to playing you again when we can avoid the tree's, bunkers, rough...lol.

Steve

• labossm
    1,086 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:12 AM

Jay ( MrBossHog ) Derbyshire Golf and Country Club vs Mike ( labossm ) UFVG

Had a good game with Jay this morning, back and forth for the lead for a while, I managed to eagle 17 and pull out the win, labossm 68 MrBossHog 72.

Thanks Jay, good luck the rest of the way!

Mike

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 7:15 AM

Good scores there, considering...lions, tigers and bears......

• bencat
    506 Posts
    Sat, Apr 12 2014 11:05 AM

I played my match with IainMcLean of The Derbyshire G&CC  this morning.

the match featured some very good scrambling play by Iain but aided by a chip in on the 3rd for a birdie and a few good putts Bencat UFVG won 66-68

RSS