Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Chat

Mon, Oct 3 2016 2:47 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 9:26 AM

It would be really great if WGT could introduce a chat feature to the country club page whereby any member belonging to that club can chat with other members.

One of the big difficulties with country clubs is motivation; getting a sense of community among the members. I have designed a great website with tons of features for my country club which includes chat.... but trying to get members to be more active and use the site is like banging my head against a brick wall on the best of days.

It can be hard for a club owner to constantly motivate members of their CC and encourage interaction (there are many threads about that). A lot of members feel disconnected from other members of their country club but that could be massively improved with WGT's help....

Country Club Chat would be very useful and popular (likely to be used by everyone that belongs to a CC). It would connect members with each other without having to go into the game to chat.

Something akin to the lobby chat room on the country club home page perhaps (left side under the friends/invites/status box would be the obvious place to put it).

I think this development would be a huge leap forward and welcomed by players and club owners.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 10:12 PM

hi

right now, there are no plans for chat functionality. you could also use other programs (that are much more proficient) to communicate by voice and/or chat.

-wgticon

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 10:47 PM

Are there any plans for country club improvements? The owners do a lot of work on WGT's behalf but get next to no help at all.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 10:40 PM

WGTicon:

hi

right now, there are no plans for chat functionality. you could also use other programs (that are much more proficient) to communicate by voice and/or chat.

-wgticon

Hi Icon,

Thanks for the reply. I have setup a website with all sorts of useful features for my members including a live chat program. It's just not the same as if WGT put a simple feature on the CC homepage.

While there are proficient programs out there, people usually like to find everything in 'one place'.

Sure there are clubs that push their members to use their chat programs whether it's Skype or Messenger or whatever but I think these exist because there is no alternative provided yet by WGT.

Though it's not on the developer's table at the moment, I'd strongly recommend the consideration of a chat program for country clubs. It would negate the use for alternative programs, and would greatly improve country clubs. It would improve the social aspect of the game and benefit all club members.

As a result this would indirectly increase sales revenue.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 11:31 AM

Hi I understand of course. I will have to check on whats the coming up in the pipeline but I suspect there maybe a delay since we are prioritizing in getting courses out right now.

I may not have news for sometime but once I do, i'll be sure to pass it up:)

-wgticon

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 7:36 PM

great, thanks a lot :)

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 7:18 AM

Still waiting for them to fix the *email members* issue. 

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 8:45 AM

PRStevenson:
    As a result this would indirectly increase sales revenue.

Chat in Country Clubs would? lol. ummmmm how. 

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 6:09 PM

BeachedMulligan:
    Chat in Country Clubs would? lol. ummmmm how. 

The Pro Shop is not all about buying things for yourself (although for some people it is). You may at some point decide to be generous enough to give a gift to a friend. I've given gifts to friends and received gifts from friends. A chat feature would (as I said) have an indirect positive impact on the likelihood of players giving gifts as the result of an improved sense of community and friendship through the implementation of Country Club Chat.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer for you :)

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 3:44 PM

PRStevenson:

It would be really great if WGT could introduce a chat feature to the country club page whereby any member belonging to that club can chat with other members.

One of the big difficulties with country clubs is motivation; getting a sense of community among the members. I have designed a great website with tons of features for my country club which includes chat.... but trying to get members to be more active and use the site is like banging my head against a brick wall on the best of days.

It can be hard for a club owner to constantly motivate members of their CC and encourage interaction (there are many threads about that). A lot of members feel disconnected from other members of their country club but that could be massively improved with WGT's help....

Country Club Chat would be very useful and popular (likely to be used by everyone that belongs to a CC). It would connect members with each other without having to go into the game to chat.

Something akin to the lobby chat room on the country club home page perhaps (left side under the friends/invites/status box would be the obvious place to put it).

I think this development would be a huge leap forward and welcomed by players and club owners.

I fully agree with you - chat outside of actual game would be very very useful!

However, like most of the tools that CC owners are yearning for, it requires quite a lot of changes to the WGT site and I frankly cannot see it happen.

Also, it would more than likely have a detrimental effect on most players meter performances and therefore cannot see it being implemented.

But good thoughts - and a great CC website too!

Kelly

(ex owner, The Oddball CC)

• PAGES
RSS