Help › Forums

Balls

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:10 AM (6 replies)
  • Simmo7484
    69 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 5:11 AM

Hello people of wgt.

This is primarily a question for Masters, Tour Masters and Legends. I am just wondering what type of ball people use.

I completed my best round to date yesterday shooting 64 with starter balls and i was just wondering if any other Tour Masters or even Legends still use the starter balls?

Can you be regularly competitive in the weekly tournaments using starters? 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:04 PM

Don't be cheap.  Stop using those hard, low spinning range balls.   Buy something that better fits your game and allows you to score even lower...

• CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:33 PM

I play with the GI-3 S balls. The best balls in the game for slowing the meter down as much as possible and a little extra spin for stopping balls on the greens.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:39 PM

Captain, this is the second post I've read in the last 2 minutes that talks about balls that slow down the meter.

I've never noticed this information anywhere. At least, not in the information box for each ball. I see Spin, Distance, Feel, and Durability in there but only a vague reference to slowing the meter in the ball description.

Is there anywhere that shows by how much like it does with clubs?

I'm missing something here...I know it...lol

Never mind. Somebody else was kind enough to answer this question for me. :-)

• Simmo7484
    69 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:11 PM

BEARly There i know its the 'feel' stat on the ball that relates to slowing the meter down.

I am being cheap i know i just dont want to start relying on having to purchase balls to shoot low on this game ;-)

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:29 PM

Give the SD a go. A few extra yards and more backspin.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:10 AM

Simmo7484:

BEARly There i know its the 'feel' stat on the ball that relates to slowing the meter down.

I am being cheap i know i just dont want to start relying on having to purchase balls to shoot low on this game ;-)

Yeah, I didn't know about "FEEL" until yesterday.

Anyway, I had a sleeve of GI3-S's in my bag that were either gifted to me or I got because a friend joined or something. I don't remember.

They've slowed down the meter considerably so at least I have a fighting chance against the stutter problem using my Ping G10 Master clubs.

Just for fun I equipped the unlimited freebies and the result was hilarious for me - only because I was in practice mode - it wouldn't have been nearly as funny during a ranked game...lol

RSS