Forums

Help › Forums

Daytona Rossa Versus Redwood Master

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 6:39 PM (7 replies)
  • Stobhach
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:17 AM

I have the Daytona Rossa and wonder if i should upgrade to the Redwood Master. I see the meter will be quicker, i don't have a problem with that really since i use GI3-S balls. Anyone who has used both putters could perhaps let me know if its a worthwhile upgrade or not.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 2:45 PM

Stobhach....I use the same ball and putter. I bought the redwood master and sold it a week later, I didn't like it but there are many that do. Sorry, didn't really answer you Q but that is just my opinion.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:53 PM

What didn't you like about it? The meter speed?

I have the Daytona and am liking it pretty well. Never tried the Redwoods due to meter speed. Seemed like a no-brainer to me as both Daytona and Redwood has similar stats, but Daytona has a slower meter. Granted the Redwood Master is better statswise, but not sure it's worth the price when the meter is quicker and the club only marginally better. On paper at least.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:56 PM
    I had the original Redwood and it was good. I now have the Rossa and it is good. I putted equally well with the free putter. I believe it depends on what kind of putting method/style one uses. Be it the brain surgeon, who looks front to back 20 times and takes forever; or my style, look once and hit either early or late. I believe the Redwood Master would help the brain surgeon...become slower.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 5:12 PM

Stobach-Those putters are the same where it counts-accuracy. The only real difference between the 2 is the slower meter for the Rossa and a 60 scale instead of a 45. I don't think it would help you if you're expecting more than the Rossa. It isn't an upgrade.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 5:37 PM

YankeeJim:

Stobach-Those putters are the same where it counts-accuracy. The only real difference between the 2 is the slower meter for the Rossa and a 60 scale instead of a 45. I don't think it would help you if you're expecting more than the Rossa. It isn't an upgrade.

Jim that would be true if he were talking about the Daytona vs the pro Redwood. But imo the Master Redwood is clearly a better putter than the Daytona 1/2 dot precision may not seem like a lot but I have found in the few weeks that I have used the Master redwood it makes a big difference. And I bought it when it was on sale. I may have made a big mistake on how I bought it though. I sold all my Pro Rapture equipment and the pro Redwood and almost made enough to pay for it. But I do miss my Raptures. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 5:44 PM

Thanks, BTB, I stand corrected. I didn't read the Master part and I'm with you on it. I went from the base Redwood and am noticing exactly what you are. Another thing I've noticed is that if you use the miss method you need to actually miss more than  with the other one.

@Stobach-If you decide to go to the Master Redwood it's going to take a bit longer to appreciate the difference so don't play a couple of rounds and judge it. Give it at least a couple of weeks of steady use. GL

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 6:39 PM

Tried it. Loved it. Hated it. Gave it a few weeks hated the Redwood more.

The Rossa is by far the dominant putter.

I went back to the Rossa and fell in love all over again.

Now I'm just waiting for the 300+ yard driver so I can start playing this game again.

TMPC

RSS