Forums

Help › Forums

level points

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:59 AM (4 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:51 AM

I don't know if it's a bug or just an oversight by WGT but you get 1 point for each shot taken. You keep those points even if you don't finish the round. This imo needs to be changed. If you quit your round you should not be get to keep the points from the shots taken before you quit. As it stands now that could cause some major sandbagging/quitting. A player could shoot the maximum number of shots on each hole then quit on #9 or # 18 depending on whether it is a 9 hole or 18 hole round and  get close to around 90 points in a 9 hole round and 180 points in a 18 hole round and not have to post his score. 

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 5:24 AM

I sent WGT an email about this very thing a few days ago.  No reply from them yet.  

This Level point awarding is a good idea...well, almost... just don't award any points if a round is not Posted!     Simple!  

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:14 AM

Only problem with that is, practice rounds don't post.  Maybe that is where the change needs to be.

Yes, to not finishing a  multiplayer.

Yes, to withdrawing from a tourney.

But then again we all quit practice rounds playing by ourself.  That is what it is for, practice.

In fact most of my practice is played as ranked, as I want those conditions.  Will quit many of them and not post a score for the very reason I didn't want to sandbag the average.  Yes I will post the low ones, what does that do, lowers my average.  Did it often to reach Master, once I felt I could handle that rank, which is just the opposite of sandbagging.

In todays WGT should I have not been given the points for the leveling........Good Question.

As a side note to the OP.  Are we talking server storage area to retain number of hits during the game and then dump them to the player if they finish.  Think of all the games played, how much room are we talking taking up on the servers.

But, do fully understand your concerns.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:24 AM

garyk49:
    As a side note to the OP.  Are we talking server storage area to retain number of hits during the game and then dump them to the player if they finish.  Think of all the games played, how much room are we talking taking up on the servers.
    Gary, it would take a tiny amount of server storage to store the number of hits taken during a game.  With a max score of 180 per game, 1 byte will suffice to hold a number up to 255. (The storage used for your photo avatar, as an example,  is enough storage for the number of hits in 11, 287 games.)

In my wildest dream I couldn't imagine 2 million active games on WGT at one time.  But that would still only use 2Meg of storage for the hits.  A tiny amount in this day and age.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:59 AM

Yeah, toss the points for quit rounds, unless you and your opponent agree to drop the match.  Things happen sometimes you need to drop a match, and sometimes you agree to drop because you both played really well or someone got a meter issue on the last hole.

RSS