Forums

Help › Forums

OUT OF BOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:38 AM (6 replies)
  • hatch62
    57 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:04 AM

Out of bounds on St Andrews #14 to the left is wrong.  I have lost 3 or 4 balls going to the left, there is a landing area there that is fairway an my ball does not go in the FESCUE OR THE ROUGH.  WGT this is not right.  All is focused on the TIERS AND LEGENDS.  Fix what is broken and let us that enjoy the game of golf play.  Could u please tell me if it is wrong to play to the left on # 14.  It really sucks. Got lots more to say but i'm pissed so i had better quit before i start using bad language.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:28 AM

In the all the course guides for the old course, it actually recommends playing on the fairway to the left of Hell Bunker, which is the adjacent fairway to the left, and apparently called the Elysian Fields. It is very clear from their course maps, that there is lot space available to play into than is being given to us in the game.

This hadn't been a problem for me until the change to playing from the black tees, where I've had a couple of balls just roll out of bounds. What's really sad is, not only do I effectively lose 2 shots, but I also lose a ball, which is clearly going to stop on the fairway, but just a fraction too far left for the game.

• CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 2:36 PM

Yeah, each hole only has the map shown in the upper right hand corner rendered as "IN PLAY."  If the ball goes outside the map shown it is counted as out of bounds.  I lost a ball at the old course once or twice before I realized this.  I would say it's a mistake, but if they rendered more for each hole the game would run slower (meter would be even worse) than it currently does.  You have to remember this game runs on a flash player which limits how much can be handled at one time. I would like to see lateral hazards used though.  Some spots (marked with RED stakes, not WHITE,) are lateral hazards and should allow for a lateral drop in certain situations.  For example, whole #13 on Kaiwah I hit a ball toward the water on the right...the ball bounced in the rough and then into the weeds.  It's out of bounds and I am rehitting my tee shot.  That should play as a lateral hazard and since I landed outside the hazard before going in, I should be allowed to play from the entry point.  But I understand the WGT crew has enough on their hands right now to gripe about the basics of golf.

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:48 AM

Captainshark - im not realy one of ur fans with the fake profile, but i fully agree with u, all of this missdrives should be played as a hazard and not from the tee again. Like in real golf. That would leave me about 140-170 yards to pin - easy par or bird lol. This should be changed ASAP WGT 

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:22 AM

St Andrews 14 is however a special case in terms of the fairway of another hole being available for use. I'm not suggesting that other holes need to have the area covered expanded.

Oddly, I've hit the ball outside the area shown on the map in the bottom right, I think on Bethpage, and didn't suffer out of bounds. I was faced with a really evil shot out of the rough, so the boundaries aren't all as tight at the map shows.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:09 AM

Andyson's graphic (second page) and WGTNiv's input on this here...

http://wgt.com/forums/t/12459.aspx?PageIndex=1

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:38 AM

I agree with the previous comments. With the tees further back and playing into a headwind the play for the left hand fairway is the only shot to consider. However due to the ridiculous out of bounds I have been playing short of the rough on the right hand side of the fairway. This is a disadvantage to the player borne out of WGT's short comings.

I played for the left hand side once earlier in the week and lost a ball....never again. 

RSS